Apple Announces new iPhone 5

I think the big thing will be LTE for most people....to be honest though now that I have had it for a while, I find myself on wifi mostly anyways and also I dont stream videos to my phone so I dont NEED it, but it would be nice to have. I think the one thing that would be nice to see is NFC on the iphone that works for things like movie tickets etc!

Samsung has a pile of patents ready to unload on them once the LTE phone is announced.

Samsung has a pile of patents ready to unload on them once the LTE phone is announced.
So does Apple. Odds are they won't sue, or if they do it'll go nowhere.

http://gizmodo.com/5941957/samsung-will-reportedly-sue-apple-over-a-4g-lte-iphone-5

Also, in case we needed anymore proof that the new iPhone will have LTE other than logic and the fact that Sprint and AT&T just so happened to announce a major rollout the week beforehand..

http://gizmodo.com/5942576/apple-leaks-iphone-5s-lte-powers-early

Not that I care either way but Apple did supposedly patent the rectangular shape of the iPhone.... :rolleyes:

I was just reading that Verizon may allow early upgrades for the iPhone 5. I doubt we would be eligible but it's something to check out if you are with Verizon and you want to upgrade to the new iPhone.

I was just reading that Verizon may allow early upgrades for the iPhone 5. I doubt we would be eligible but it's something to check out if you are with Verizon and you want to upgrade to the new iPhone.

i could see this to get people off unlimited plans

I'd need to be wowed pretty considerably to drop screen size, almost glad I'm locked in until August of next year... get to see how the Windows phones develop and who knows, the next version(s) of Android, and could even see a 5S by then to consider.

Wife is up for an upgrade next month, she's probably going to get the best phone with a physical keyboard, coming from a 4.

We already dropped unlimited, for the monthly savings.

Not that I care either way but Apple did supposedly patent the rectangular shape of the iPhone.... :rolleyes:

I know, I love the Iphone I do but these patents have gotten out of hand, now excuse me while I go and patent the forward pass and sue EVERY nfl team out there, or make them pay me a royalty percentage every time they throw a pass.

why doesnt apple switch to a micro usb like all other phone manufacturers? (ok i think bb is still on a miniusb)

I'm going to guess that it won't be called the iPhone 5. I know the invitation for the event had a "5" shadow on it, but I think that's in reference to them refreshing 5 different product lines at today's event: iPhone, iPods, 13 inch MacBook pro (retina), iMacs and something else. Writing that all, it strikes me as a lot of things, but I can just see it happening based on the reports of the last month.

why doesnt apple switch to a micro usb like all other phone manufacturers? (ok i think bb is still on a miniusb)

You can't stream video via HDMI that way like you can with the Apple connector.

I'm going to guess that it won't be called the iPhone 5. I know the invitation for the event had a "5" shadow on it, but I think that's in reference to them refreshing 5 different product lines at today's event: iPhone, iPods, 13 inch MacBook pro (retina), iMacs and something else. Writing that all, it strikes me as a lot of things, but I can just see it happening based on the reports of the last month.

I'm hoping a new updated version of Pages and the other iWork products gets announced. My wife really hates Office '11 on the Mac.

I will be VERY surorised if it is micro usb. But I do think they will m ove away from their old connector.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts