Apple Announces new iPhone 5

Don Landis said:
I guess the new ipad4 will have this new connector too. sigh!

Given the complete lack of rumors in an iPad 4 I am wondering if it will go in an 18 mon cycle, particularly with a mini out soon. But yes, I'd suspect everything will be lightning from here on out. Are the new iPod touches lightning?

Maybe he was referring to the mini as the ipad4.

I ordered my 5 from AT&T. But I don't want them to leave it at my door. I'd rather drive to their warehouse and pick it up. WAY too many people looking for a 5, and even if they couldn't activate it, it would delay my moving to the 5.

sorry to wander off topic on this, isn't the iPad mini something that Saint Jobs proclaimed as the DOA size?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Steve Jobs has been dead for a year, and I'd guess it was in the plans before he died. I'll stick with the full-sized iPad; the 7" GTab did not cut it for me as a work productivity tool. But the 7" will certainly give the Fire a run for its money.

But back to my post, I am really doubtful about an iPad 4 this winter; particularly given how many leaks there were about the iPhone 5, the complete silence on the next full-sized iPad leaves me to believe there won't be one yet. AND I am fine with that. the iPad 3 works great, and I can't even imagine what they would do - it already has retina-display; LTE for those with that model. Maybe lighter, longer battery? But that is not really a compelling reason for an upgrade.

I picked up a cheap clear soft plastic case for now until my iFrogz case arrives. .
My local Radio Shack had a small carton of something from iFrog.
Not familiar with the brand; thought maybe screen protectors.
I asked today, and they still have 10 iPhone 5 cases in stock

Also , a couple more pre-order AT&T handsets arrived.
They're still fufilling pre-orders.

Lastly, they are again accepting more pre-orders for AT&T.

My local Radio Shack had a small carton of something from iFrog.
Not familiar with the brand; thought maybe screen protectors.
I asked today, and they still have 10 iPhone 5 cases in stock

Also , a couple more pre-order AT&T handsets arrived.
They're still fufilling pre-orders.

Lastly, they are again accepting more pre-orders for AT&T.

iFrog sells cases, headphones and screen protectors.

Given the complete lack of rumors in an iPad 4 I am wondering if it will go in an 18 mon cycle, particularly with a mini out soon. But yes, I'd suspect everything will be lightning from here on out. Are the new iPod touches lightning?

Don't want to take this thread of topic but where did you see information on the mini coming out soon?

Don't want to take this thread of topic but where did you see information on the mini coming out soon?

That's been the rumor-mill for MONTHS. Its been expected that the iPhone 5 would come in September (as it did) and the iPad-mini would follow later this year. as I said, I am ambivalent, and will not be getting one. Don't need it.

When I was in the big AT&T store on Michigan Avenue last night (I am a Verizon customer, but I was looking for lightning cables), I thought it interesting that they had Otterboxes and Speck cases, but in AT&T packaging.

Right now it looks like Best Buy has the biggest collection of cases, but I have not been impressed with much yet. And am sticking, for now, with the RocketFish soft rubber case I got last Friday night. It works.

That's been the rumor-mill for MONTHS. Its been expected that the iPhone 5 would come in September (as it did) and the iPad-mini would follow later this year. as I said, I am ambivalent, and will not be getting one. Don't need it.

OK. I only new that there was a rumor of one but thought it was supposed to be out with the iPhone 5. I thought you may have seen something else that I was missing.

NO, the rumors I saw were always that it would follow the phone shortly thereafter. They would not want to dilute the draw for the iPhone, by having two things out like that at the same time.

OK. I only new that there was a rumor of one but thought it was supposed to be out with the iPhone 5. I thought you may have seen something else that I was missing.

There was the rumor that it would be announced with the iphone 5 but that obvioulsy did not happenumrs all week of an imminenet announcement but this is Apple they will play the secrecy thing to the hilt.

rockymtnhigh said:
When I was in the big AT&T store on Michigan Avenue last night (I am a Verizon customer, but I was looking for lightning cables), I thought it interesting that they had Otterboxes and Speck cases, but in AT&T packaging.

Right now it looks like Best Buy has the biggest collection of cases, but I have not been impressed with much yet. And am sticking, for now, with the RocketFish soft rubber case I got last Friday night. It works.

I was searching for a custom mount for my truck, Chevy silverado, and came across this case/mount from Rokform. http://www.rokform.com/cart/Rokshield-v3-iPhone5-Case.html

It's pricey but I like the features it has.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

rockymtnhigh said:
Pretty impressed with the battery. Been on lte since 11am with regular usage and still at 70 percent. Really surprised in many ways.

Opposite here. Pretty much the same usage as the 4, and I only get half the battery life. :(

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Opposite here. Pretty much the same usage as the 4, and I only get half the battery life. :(

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Are you on Wi-Fi or LTE most of the time?

I never had a 4, I had a 4S, so I don't know if we are comparing apples to oranges, so to speak. But I am definitely getting much better battery life than on the 4S. Shockingly so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)