Apple Announces new iPhone 5

I am just glad I have a cheap Philips stereo dock, and not an expensive one. But yes, I am annoyed, and I'll call a spade a spade. For all the talk of elegance and design, they are setting us up to have to spend a lot of needless money. Grrr... :)

I am just glad I have a cheap Philips stereo dock, and not an expensive one. But yes, I am annoyed, and I'll call a spade a spade. For all the talk of elegance and design, they are setting us up to have to spend a lot of needless money. Grrr... :)
This is what they have always done things.

Firewire - Need and adapter - No longer going to be supported
Mini Display Port or Micro DVI - Need and adapter as every single external display uses VGA, HDMI, S-Video, Component, Composite, and/or DVI
Thunderbolt - Need an Adapter

Saw my first i5 T coffee this morning. Nice but my friend acted like it was like the 4th car you buy. Said it was ok in a ho hum manner.

Think i will wait another month and check out the new windows phones before i retire my i4.

Anole said:
Last December, I got home & car USB chargers.
About $3.50 the pair, SHIPped!
USB to 30-pin cables were under a buck each.
I even posted a review naming the vendor I bought from (Eforcecity).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0041F8U8Y/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&ref_=ox_ya_os_product

Thank you, I'll have to look in to it. But an aftermkt 3GS 12v adapter was hell to fit, and the aftermkt i5 adapters I bought got cancelled and other no name adapters I bought at work were second rate. Spooked.

Well my 30 pin adapter .2 meter cable shipped today. So, I will soon be able to use my car adapter again. I have been using the headphone jack, but it will be nice to have the one plug again.

My local Radio Shck sold an AT&T iPhone 5 today that was NOT a pre-order.
Yea, theY had one in free stock!
Also had the little 30 pin adapter, too.
About the size of a quarter.

Point being: in Stock!

Thinking about it, while not elegant, THAT would work with my stereo dock. I think I'll pick one up when I am at the Apple Store in DC this week.

I am hoping that this week when they announce the iPad mini that they come out with some HDMI output connection, and I hope that it works with the iPhone 5. HDMI mirroring was a nice feature.

I am hoping that this week when they announce the iPad mini that they come out with some HDMI output connection, and I hope that it works with the iPhone 5. HDMI mirroring was a nice feature.

I have an Apple TV so it's less important to me, but I am surprised it isn't out yet.

What is the reasoning behind putting the headphone jack on the bottom? That doesn't seem like the best place to put it. No matter if you are holding your phone, have it in a case, a pocket, or a pack, you would want it to be top side up with the headphones coming directly from the top.

ETA:

I didn't realize this, but I always put the phone in my pocket upside down. I just did this naturally due to the way it is held. I just assumed it was put in right side up. I guess the phone jack on the bottom will actually be better for me.

Last edited:
What is the reasoning behind putting the headphone jack on the bottom? That doesn't seem like the best place to put it. No matter if you are holding your phone, have it in a case, a pocket, or a pack, you would want it to be top side up with the headphones coming directly from the top.

ETA:

I didn't realize this, but I always put the phone in my pocket upside down. I just did this naturally due to the way it is held. I just assumed it was put in right side up. I guess the phone jack on the bottom will actually be better for me.

If I had to guess, it was s space utilization thing. But it on the bottom with the lightning adapter, consolidating where things are, and leaving space for the battery? BUT totally a guess, and indeed, from looking at the teardown of it, I could be wrong.

http://guide-images.ifixit.net/igi/DIsaXjsiLvlOTMRx.large

that said, I actually don't mind it on the bottom.

SkiKing said:

ETA:

I was skeptical at first, but I really like it better on the bottom. It's almost like a longer cord when I'm using the ear pods and the phone is on my desk right side up.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I was skeptical at first, but I really like it better on the bottom. It's almost like a longer cord when I'm using the ear pods and the phone is on my desk right side up.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

It is also far better in the car if you use a charging cable and the headphone jack. Used to have a cable sticking out of both ends, hard to put it in the cup holder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)