Apple Announces new iPhone 5

rockymtnhigh said:
Any scratching problems?
Nope, my phone came from a good batch, I guess. And, it has survived my handling so far.

I have to say, I'm pleased with my upgrade from the iPhone 4. I wasn't sure during my early days of use, especially since I did not copy my settings from my old phone, but set the iPhone 5 up as a brand new phone. Now that I have everything set up like I want, it's everything I liked about the iPhone 4, but lighter, faster, and the 16:9 screen I thought iOS devices should have had from the beginning.

msmith198025 said:
I can see it with any case not fully sealed. May actually not be as much of a problem naked, since dust would not get between it.

Depends on the environment though. Mine is not friendly as you know.
I always worried about that when I removed my old case from my iPhone 4 since it wasn't a 100% sealed case design. The hard plastic had scuffed on the outside, but just a few scratches on the inside, so some dust/dirt did get between the glass back and the case. Fortunately, no scratches on the iPhone 4 and I got a good payment from Gazelle when I got the i5.

I was mostly wondering about the aluminum. I have mine in a rubberized rocketfish case (which I swear is identical to the Belkin one I had on the 4S). I'd love to use the phone "nekked" and would if I wore a dress shirt every day and could just keep it in my shirt pocket. But really the case I have, while boring, works, and other than not being able to use the iPhone with my stereo dock, I have no complaints.

I still am in awe at battery life when using wifi.

Shirt pocket idea seems like it would be convenient but in reality is not good. When you lean over it will fall out of your pocket onto the floor. Been there done that. Not good!

Belt holster is the best for me. It only got in the way of my CW but since I have resolved that conflict.

Shirt pocket idea seems like it would be convenient but in reality is not good. When you lean over it will fall out of your pocket onto the floor. Been there done that. Not good!

Belt holster is the best for me. It only got in the way of my CW but since I have resolved that conflict.

I use mine in my shirt pocket regularly. No issues. But certainly falling out is a risk.

I keep mine in my front pants pocket. It keeps company with a plastic-bodied Pilot pen, nothing else that could scratch the iPhone.

Same here. And the one that came with my OtterBox Defender works just fine. But I wouldn't use it when dressed up in a suit.

When I got the 30 pin to Lightning adapter (for Dock connections) I was upset that it would only work with a phone that was either naked, OR had a case that left the bottom unprotected.

I am happy to say that I got a case from "The Joy Factory" (you should have heard the comments from the wife when I package came from them in the mail :) but I digress... ), called the Daytona V. Its a mix of plastic and rubber, in a nice case, which has rubber on the bottom, but quite thin next to the lightning adapter. I pulled out the 30-pin to lightning adapter, AND it works! Yes. My nice Philips radio / iPhone dock works again. I'll need to order a second adapter for the Sony HD radio at the office.

I am pleased.

... But I wouldn't use it when dressed up in a suit.
Reminds me of what my friends teenaged daughter gushed, when I announced that I'd gotten in a dozen bumpers, all in different colors:
"Oh, I can change the case to match my outfit!". ;)

I gave her a purple one to test drive, but she didnt like it.
That's okay - more spare cases to give to friends. :)

Same here. And the one that came with my OtterBox Defender works just fine. But I wouldn't use it when dressed up in a suit.

I really like the Defender I got for my new 5, great for protecting the phone at work or when I'm hunting, fishing, or what not. I do think I'll be getting a more svelte case for other times. The OtterBox bulk isn't bad, and for all those work and outdoor times I've got cargo pockets to use, but it's not exactly back pocket comfortable.

Reminds me of what my friends teenaged daughter gushed, when I announced that I'd gotten in a dozen bumpers, all in different colors:
"Oh, I can change the case to match my outfit!". ;)

I gave her a purple one to test drive, but she didnt like it.
That's okay - more spare cases to give to friends. :)

You know, I am always concerned about having my phone match my outfit. Its serious stuff. ;) :D

I meant I would not use the belt holster clip part of the case when dressed up.

Picked up two cases for my iPhone 5 from monoprice for about $4 per. Nice cases

These are the two I got:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=1083111&p_id=9998&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=1083111&p_id=9947&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

BTW, if you were wondering what the inside of Monoprice's warehouse looks like, I took a picture when I picked up my items from will call.

image-3569673949.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts