Apple Announces new iPhone 5

Do these adapters pass audio or just power? I thought I read somewhere that video and audio didn't work with the adapters. I don't care about video but I do need audio out. I hope I'm wrong because that would save me a lot of money.

Do these adapters pass audio or just power? I thought I read somewhere that video and audio didn't work with the adapters. I don't care about video but I do need audio out. I hope I'm wrong because that would save me a lot of money.

Without passing audio, they would be useless with all the docks. I did read they won't pass video.

I hate myself, my phone whore has struck again, lol....I was happy the gs3 and wasnt going to order the iphone 5 but who am I kidding, I pre ordered it on friday morning and will send back my gs3 (I just did a upgrade)....I always come back to the iphone...lets hope it sticks like the 4s did for me, I loved that phone!

The iPhone 5 will sell, but not in the numbers as pervious IPhones.

Tim Cook is not the right CEO for apple. Unlike Jobs he thinks small improvements is all apple needs to do.

He is wrong and I suspect we will start to see a slide in sells of apple products.
It's starting to look like there may be some crow in your diet. I recommend that you carefully remove all the feathers, then take off the head and neck and finally gut it. Before cooking it's best to soak the crow in a brine solution for 24 hours. Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce will help with the gamey taste...

Not me but plenty of people on the iMore forums have. If you ordered from Apple.com there is a trick to see your tracking info before they give you the tracking number. Many people are finding that their phones have already shipped even though Apple hasn't sent the tracking number or shipping confirmation yet. I ordered from Verizon so this doesn't work for me but it might be useful to some of you.

If you ordered from Apple.com go to UPS.com and click tracking, then track by reference. Enter the phone number associated with the order as the reference number, your destination country, and your zip code and your order will pop up if UPS has possession of it.

Wow. That worked. Mine are in Louisville Kentucky. Thanks for the tip!!

No problem. Unfortunately it doesn't work for those of us who bought directly from our carriers. I'm not worried though. I have always got them on day one so I have no reason to believe it won't come on time.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk 2

If you ordered from Apple.com there is a trick to see your tracking info before they give you the tracking number. Many people are finding that their phones have already shipped even though Apple hasn't sent the tracking number or shipping confirmation yet.

I looked there and can not find this trick, have a URL? I will have to book mark that site, looks like a great place. :D

I sold my iphone 4 last week. All I did was a restore using iTunes. I just went to "manage my devices" to delete that old phone from my account, but it doesn't show up. All it shows is my iPad. Maybe the restore deleted it from my itunes account?
If you have an Apple ID, you have an Apple Support Profile. That's where you need to take inventory: USA (English)

Oh, will you looky there... I have the serial number on my new iPhone 5... :D:D:D:D:D

Wow, I really need to clean up. They still have the 5th gen Video iPod that disappeared three years ago after Christmas vacation, as well as the Mac Mini I had to send back and was replaced. Weird that Apple wouldn't have taken care of that on their own.

Last edited:
I looked there and can not find this trick, have a URL? I will have to book mark that site, looks like a great place. :D

I'm a frequent visitor. Here's the trick.

Go to UPS.com and click tracking. Then click track by reference.

Enter the phone number associated with the order as the reference number.

Select United States as your shipping destination.

Enter your shipping zip code.

If UPS has your phone your tracking info will come up. Again this only works if you ordered from apple.com. it won't work if you ordered directly from your carrier.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

If you have an Apple ID, you have an Apple Support Profile. That's where you need to take inventory: USA (English)

Oh, will you looky there... I have the serial number on my new iPhone 5... :D:D:D:D:D

Wow, I really need to clean up. They still have the 5th gen Video iPod that disappeared three years ago after Christmas vacation, as well as the Mac Mini I had to send back and was replaced. Weird that Apple wouldn't have taken care of that on their own.

Not working now.

Edit: Figured it out. Yep. Two iPhone 5 serial #'s.

Last edited:
FOund that list, and see that my iPhone 4S is listed twice; from October 11 and from June 12; I am guessing the one in June was when I installed iOS6? This phone will be going to my kid on Friday. Should I remove BOTH devices on Friday, when I activate my iPhone 5? There are 8 devices listed: an iPod 4th gen, iPad 3, iPad 2, two macs, my iPhone twice, and my wife's 4S. What is the limit?

king3pj said:
If you ordered from Apple.com go to UPS.com and click tracking, then track by reference. Enter the phone number associated with the order as the reference number, your destination country, and your zip code and your order will pop up if UPS has possession of it.

Thanks for the tip! Mine is in Louisville as well!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)