Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

Yesterday I notice, even though having the iPad connected to my computer and the iPad shows not charging. The iPad is being charge. I was down to 70% charge and I connect the iPad to my pc to sync my pc bookmarks to the iPad. I forgot about it for a few hours and when I came back. I disconnected it from the pc and the iPad had 100% charge. Maybe not as fast as the power adaptor, but it does work.

When connected to 'underpowered' USB ports, it has to be in sleep mode to charge, is what I read in an article somewhere.

I got my iPad Saturday and notice the back up takes a lot longer then iPhone 3GS 32gb. Also I am having issues when I try to add apps or sync it to apps it freezes. Anybody out there having this issue? Also I am having a little light bleed in the top when watching a dark movie. Typing on the iPad is pretty good better then any other touch screen and that includes my iPhone.

Updated app for iPad is just released for imdb.com.

I really like all the free apps for wall street journal NY Times USA today. I actually enjoy reading the news paper again. Love the embedded videos and hot references.

Anybody else notice the iPod app can play music in the background while doing other apps? I was under the impression that this couldn't be done as it would be multitasking. Surprise!

Apps such as ooTunes or Pandora you cannot run in the background (unless jailborken) but music from your playlist you can. With 4.0 coming soon for the iPhone and iPad that has multitasking you will be able to play ANY app in the background.

Also I am having issues when I try to add apps or sync it to apps it freezes.

Haven't had to sync to other device for apps yet but downloading install has been trouble free. Only had some freeze ups when my wifi was weak. I fixed that yesterday with a repeater. My Dell laptop has better range than the iPad.

Haven't had to sync to other device for apps yet but downloading install has been trouble free. Only had some freeze ups when my wifi was weak. I fixed that yesterday with a repeater. My Dell laptop has better range than the iPad.

To be more clear I meant when I add apps from my iPhone and sync it that's when it freezes in iTunes. Downloading from apps on iPad it is ok.

To my surprise my wife stopped by my office today with a gift for me, a 32gb iPad! I was actually kind of upset as after reading your reviews I wanted one but I wanted a 3G 64gb version.

She told me she got it so that I can play with one now and order the one I want and when the new one comes in to give this one to my son.

I haven't had a lot of time to play with it because I had the radio show to do, but now that the show is done I have had an hour and wow! I am a lot more impressed then i thought I would be! Some of the iPad apps such as soundhound are amazing!

I am also really shocked how accurate the gps is inside the house, I wonder how it works.

SatelliteGuys loads really fast in safari and looks good too!

So far so good! Bring on more iPad apps!

How does Sling look on the iPad?
I did read that Sling was updating an app just for the iPad but has not been released. I wonder too if the new app will work with my Solo.

It looks ok, could look better, but not bad.

I am sure the iPad optimized version will look a lot better... my only fear is that they will charge us again to download the new iPad version.

How does Sling look on the iPad?
I did read that Sling was updating an app just for the iPad but has not been released. I wonder too if the new app will work with my Solo.
Sling works, I watched the Evening News yesterday at my sister's house. It's a bit blurry since it is for iPhone and double sized. My sling is the Classic so it should work for Solo too. Hope the iPad version still works with my old Sling.

Sling works, I watched the Evening News yesterday at my sister's house. It's a bit blurry since it is for iPhone and double sized. My sling is the Classic so it should work for Solo too. Hope the iPad version still works with my old Sling.

I did read that the new Sling app for the iPad would work with the Pro hd but have not heard other Sling boxes it would work with.

Congratulations, Scott, on getting the prize this week from Prize Goddess.

One thing I'm discovering is that many who are thumbing their nose at ipad continue to not like it until they have one and discover a whole new way of consuming content. As you probably discovered, Scott, if you have your iphone and the ipad handy, you'd probably pick up the ipad first to surf the net, maybe even check your email. But in a pinch outside the range of connectivity, the iphone will do.

BTW- I did check in last nights radio show with you and Jason. I used the ipad and was listening in the background while, for a short time checked into the chatroom on the ipad. Some things do multitask very well. Then I closed the chat room and opened a game of solitaire while listening to you and Jason. I was sitting out by the patio with just the ipad.

Anyone's ipad tell them that it needs time to cool off yet?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc1486

iPad_overheating-e1270557544314.jpg

Congratulations, Scott, on getting the prize this week from Prize Goddess.

One thing I'm discovering is that many who are thumbing their nose at ipad continue to not like it until they have one and discover a whole new way of consuming content. As you probably discovered, Scott, if you have your iphone and the ipad handy, you'd probably pick up the ipad first to surf the net, maybe even check your email. But in a pinch outside the range of connectivity, the iphone will do.

BTW- I did check in last nights radio show with you and Jason. I used the ipad and was listening in the background while, for a short time checked into the chatroom on the ipad. Some things do multitask very well. Then I closed the chat room and opened a game of solitaire while listening to you and Jason. I was sitting out by the patio with just the ipad.

Don. Two things that I cannot do (or have not learned) listening live to the satguys show or go into the chatroom on my iPhone. I can listen once Scott post it in iTunes but not live. Interesting.

I listened to Scott's link by clicking to it in the home page. The first one listed.

Then I go to the multiple pages screen on the ipad and click on the original satguys page and can then surf the forums and the sound continues to play. I never leave satelliteguys.us in safari.

I don't have an iphone so maybe safari is slightly different in this respect.

I noticed so many people are making the statement that they want multitasking before they buy the ipad. Well in some cases, I do have multitasking so I don't know whay therse people are complaining it doesn't exist. e.g.
Is this multitasking when I can listen to a pod cast while surfing the internet?
Is it multitasking when I can listen to a playlist of music while I surf the internet or play a game?

The multitasking functions I have done all include some form of sound in the background while doing visual work on screen.

I have seen some apps in the itunes store for ipad that allow two webpages on safari up together. There is another app that is specifically titled multitasking for ipad.

Maybe the problem some naysayers have with ipad, is they assume the ipad is exactly like the iphone with a bigger screen. Maybe it is but some people who have both seem to think differently.

( Note- I'm in my office now and posting with my computer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)