Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Which case do you guys have for your iPad? There are two I am interested in but cannot find either. The microfiber case made by Apple and the leather case made by Incase. I need one so it will put the iPad in different angles and these two seem the best.

Don. I passed on Moble Me and don't plan on buying. Everything I need is on my iPhone or iPad.

I have the microfiber one by Apple. It is nice and thin. It's a good start but doesn't work well for vertical stand. Perfect for horizontal wedge on table or the lid can be used to prop up higher on your lap. Really needs the anti glare cover though. I'll pick that up as soon as it comes out.

Had no trouble returning the $99 MobileMe.

Some new apps for the ipad that look very interesting, especially for those who want the ipad to work more like a PC. :)

The free one is from Citrix ( aka Got to My PC and Go to Meeting etc. ) They have a free app that loads as a receiver for your Gotomypc type account. Didn't look into all the details but I used to have an account and dropped it since I am not traveling much these days.

Another app does about the same thing but it creates your PC desktop on your ipad but it requires the more expensive OS of XP Vista and 7 to allow others to do a remote desktop.

All the ipad app does is create a slick way to have your ipad screen look like your PC desktop and you can remote control your PC from your ipad. Pretty cool! Opens up your ipad to all your PC applications, software, and files. The app that works with your XP Professional OS Remote Desktop, is $4.99. I'm considering upgrading my OS's on my PC's just to have this remote desktop capability on my ipad.

At first I wasn't going to get an iPad since I already have the iPhone and a iTouch but I was at Best Buy over the weekend and fooled around with one and my mind changed pretty quickly. Decided to order one yesterday but they are all sold out it seems everywhere in the L.A. area (Best Buy, Apple store, etc..). I went online to apple.com and they're a week away from shipping so they are also out of stock but I went ahead and ordered one anyway online. Should get it some time next week. Will be fighting with my wife over it between her iBooks and my Netflix, Slingbox cravings. :)

I just got my iPad yesterday. Very slick and very addicting. It is very nice to be able to watch TV and still check email and newsgroups without having to go to the computer room. I don't have a case yet because I can't figure out which one I like.

I just got my iPad yesterday. Very slick and very addicting. It is very nice to be able to watch TV and still check email and newsgroups without having to go to the computer room. I don't have a case yet because I can't figure out which one I like.

Enjoy!!

I cannot find a case. I want the Apple one (2-3 week wait) or the leather case made by Incase (2-3 months!!).

If you got an ipad now, consider yourself lucky:

Apple Inc. announces shortage of iPads
8:44a ET April 14, 2010 (MarketWatch)
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Apple Inc. said Wednesday it'll delay the international launch of its new iPad computer by one month because of stronger-than-expected demand for in the U.S. The company declared the iPad a "runaway success" so far. "Although we have delivered more than 500,000 iPads during its first week demand is far higher than we predicted and will likely continue to exceed our supply over the next several weeks," the Cupertino, Calif. company said. "We have also taken a large number of pre-orders for iPad 3G models for delivery by the end of April." Apple said.

This could be a ploy by apple to build sales for their 3G model expected to be released soon. It wouldn't surprise me if they did that. There is lots of buzz that more people will favor the wifi only due to cost. IMO, Apple made the mistake of launching the wifi only first. Since you can buy the 3G model and not activate it, I would have probably bought the more expensive version first had it been available first. If there was a requirement to activate with AT&T then no, I would have waited.

On second thought, wait until a Verizon 4G version

What say you all?

What say you all?
I have a faint recollection that Apple claimed that they were going to be able to deliver hundreds of thousands in the first month so I'm not buying into the idea of scarcity. Remember that they claimed 300,000 were delivered on the first day (likely ignoring the Saturday delivery issue).

When Apple starts talking end-user deliveries instead of distributions to the retail sector, I'll start paying attention.

Yep- I agree with you on that. I may like some of their products, like how they have created a loyal following ( although not part of it), and most of all the money they have made me personally, but trust in what they claim? LOL! I'll take the money but don't expect me to fall for their claims like this one. That's why I said it looks like a ploy for pumping up the sales of the 3G models. Why give the masses a choice when they are likely to buy what you tell them to.

iPad printing: solved...:)

blogipadprintingbig.jpg

Diogen.

Discovered another need for multitasking.

Decided to download a number of video podcasts this afternoon. Unfortunately, when downloading, that's all you can do so it is a wait until complete before trying to use the ipad for another app. However, you can watch one download as you are still downloading others.

Guess, I'll have to wait for 4.0 to get this issue resolved.

First time today I tried the BT for my Jabra hands free ear piece and it paired fine. Makes it nice to view podcasts and other sound apps (sling) when sitting in a waiting room with many other people.

Has anyone been able to tether the ipad to a cell phone yet? I'd like to try tethering to my TP2 with bluetooth.

I read in another thread, Scott mentioned he is tethering his ipad to his iphone. Scott- care to elaborate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts