Apple officially claims Jailbreaking Illegal

To JAG72's point, see the entire SCO/Linux/IBM/et al fight.

HP-UX, AIX, UnixWare, and tons of other derivatives of SVR4, and predecessors are NOT open source.

Heres a thought why doesnt ATT just upgrade there crappy network. Everyone else doesnt seem to have that issue. If I wasnt locked into a contract, I would be over on Tmobile in a heart beat with my Iphone.

Heres a thought why doesnt ATT just upgrade there crappy network. Everyone else doesnt seem to have that issue. If I wasnt locked into a contract, I would be over on Tmobile in a heart beat with my Iphone.

Why Tmobile edge network isn't any better, plus their 3g coverage is dismal.

Why Tmobile edge network isn't any better, plus their 3g coverage is dismal.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I work with a person that has a G1 and the Tmobile edge network is horrible. It has to be the slowest network I have ever seen. The worse part is Edge is the only thing you can get in the whole state right now

Scott hit the issue on the head. It is about apps. Apple want's you to get only there approved apps. If it was not for jail breaking there would not be the apps there are available from Apple.
BTW Apple use to try and fix the jail breaking issue every time there was a hack. The incidents of Jail breaking is probably going down due to the Apps store. Not all Jail breaking was for using on another provider. Mine was 'broken for a while even though I am an ATT customer. Visual voice mail is the key for staying with ATT.

I wouldn't, ATT allows free calling between Cell and ATT landlines and ATT cell to cell. With the predominance of ATT land lines my family has a 700 min family share plan with 4 phones. We use an average of 5000 minutes month and still bank rollover minutes.

What does that have to do with jailbreaking? Besides, T-mobiles network is absolute crap.

What does that have to do with jailbreaking? Besides, T-mobiles network is absolute crap.

It has everything to do with it. If ATT is requesting Apple to deny an app due to bandwidth issues, then upgrade your dam network so I can use that functionality. Thats why I pay for service.

As far as the south park app, that has me HOT! I really wish apple would pull their head out of their arces.

OK Scott, let me start of by saying that I also don't agree with Apple not allowing some applications to run on the iPhone.

Now that I have said that I have to fully disagree with you on the whole subject of jailbreaking the iPhone. If the software that you are replacing is a modified iPhone OS with pieces changed to make the running of applications then I have to say that would be 100% illegal. Now if you would replace the OS with a completely different one that had nothing to do with Apple then I would be fine with the process. We all know that is not the case as you can play any music from iTunes on the jailbroken version of the iPhone. There is no way Apple would give out their encryption for the music to be played on such software. I am a bit disappointed that this site is approving of such use of the software as it is against the copyright of Apple. No if you want to keeping going on about Apple not allowing certain apps then I will support that all the way as we should have the right to choose what apps run on our phones. If the app makes the phone run slow then I guess we would just have to live with it our not use the app any longer.

The rundown....

T-Mobile:

700 Min Family Plan $59.99 for 2 iPhones
T-Zones $5.99 internet $5.99 x 2 ($11.98) I get about 150 - 200kps in Phoenix.
T-Mobile @ home VOIP $10

$81.97 p/m BEFORE my company discount (~12%) and taxes.

ATT

700 Min Family Plan $69.99
Data Plan $30 x 2 ($60.00)
No VOIP option
No company discount.
Lame ass Gayor colors

$129.99 p/m before taxes.

Apple & AT&T can go suck it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)