Apple overhauling repairs program, will replace iPhone 5 displays in-store for $149

Interesting though in the article that they are considering a subscription to Apple care to cover all your devices.

But, $150 is not really too high considering it covers parts and labor.

Yeah, that does seem rather high.

In that article they also said that it looks like Apple will have a 'customer' vice 'equipment' based Applecare offering which could be a good deal for those of us that have lots of Apple gear.

Yeah friend of mine had to get his iPhone screen replaced I think it was just 2-3 months ago and I think he paid like $100.

really wanting to hear details on that program, We have an Ipad two iphone 5's and a mac pro at our house, would LOVE to sign up for a monthly fee to make sure I am covered!

Better for everybody, than giving you a refurb!

The retail price of $150 seems reasonable for a new screen on an i5.
As noted, it includes installation and profit.
Iphone 5's can have their screen swapped in 5-10 minutes, dealing with maybe half a dozen screws.

Can't really compare to local fixers doing i4 / i4S for $60,75,99.
That screen can be bought for $30 (less in bulk), but two dozen screws are involved! ;)
(many DIFFERENT screw sizes, too!) :down

That's one thing I hate about iSupply. They make it seem like the only costs involved are the raw cost of the screen. There's quite a bit more, including profit.

I wanted to point out that people think that $150 is high for a replacement. When in reality it may be $44 each when you buy 100 million of something, but in reality to the end user a screen would be probably closer to $100 buying individually. So, $100 for the screen and $49 for the labor is a reasonable price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)