Apple Pay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was able to finally get ?Pay configured with my CC of choice. I tried it at our local Grocery Store which I swear four months ago had NFC terminals, but now they all appear to be new Chip/Swipe hybrids with no NFC. Huh?

I'm not sure why our Kohl's card wasn't accepted for ?Pay. I thought they were on-board already.

Anyway, in the meantime I suppose I can try ?Pay on the vending machines at work.

I'm reviving this old thread to ask if anyone here is still using Apple Pay regularly. I use a credit union for my primary bank accounts. When Apple Pay was first introduced my credit union didn't support it so I never paid much attention to the technology. When I was setting up my iPhone X last weekend and got to the Apple Pay part I tried my Debit and Credit cards and they both worked.

I'm someone who almost never uses cash. I use my debit card or a rewards credit card to pay for everything so I was kind of excited to finally have Apple Pay support. The only problem is that I have had it set up for about a week now and used my debit card probably a dozen times but I don't think I've been anywhere that supports Apple Pay.

For those of you who use Apple Pay where do you use it? I thought the gas pump might be a great place to start since I regularly read about people installing credit card skimmers in them. I have only gotten gas once so far since setting up Apple Pay but the station I used didn't support it, at least not at the pump. Are there particular chains I should be looking for?

I go to Tim Horton's most mornings to grab a coffee on my way to work and I've read that they support Apple Pay. I always go through the drive through so this is a no go too. I went into Walmart to grab some salt for my water softener yesterday thinking that surely a national chain as big as Walmart would support it but they don't. I guess they have their own payment system they want people to use instead.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the NFC logo on the credit card terminals at my local grocery store but I haven't been shopping yet since setting up the card. Unless I'm missing something I think this may be the only place I regularly go where Apple Pay is actually supported and I'm not even 100% sure about that store yet.

I think Apple Pay is a great idea. It sounds convenient and the extra security sounds great. I just can't find anywhere to actually use it without spending money somewhere like McDonalds where I normally wouldn't eat.

Reactions: osu1991
I've used it at McDonalds and Whole Foods. I would use it more often if it was available. On the other hand, swiping my credit or debit card isn't a big deal.

I'm reviving this old thread to ask if anyone here is still using Apple Pay regularly. I use a credit union for my primary bank accounts. When Apple Pay was first introduced my credit union didn't support it so I never paid much attention to the technology. When I was setting up my iPhone X last weekend and got to the Apple Pay part I tried my Debit and Credit cards and they both worked.

I'm someone who almost never uses cash. I use my debit card or a rewards credit card to pay for everything so I was kind of excited to finally have Apple Pay support. The only problem is that I have had it set up for about a week now and used my debit card probably a dozens times but I don't think I've been anywhere that supports Apple Pay.

For those of you who use Apple Pay where do you use it? I thought the gas pump might be a great place to start since I regularly read about people installing credit card skimmers in them. I have only gotten gas once so far since setting up Apple Pay but the station I used didn't support it, at least not at the pump. Are there particular chains I should be looking for?

I go to Tim Horton's most mornings to grab a coffee on my way to work and I've read that they support Apple Pay. I always go through the drive through so this is a no go too. I went into Walmart to grab some salt for my water softener yesterday thinking that surely a national chain as big as Walmart would support it but they don't. I guess they have their own payment system they want people to use instead.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the NFC logo on the credit card terminals at my local grocery store but I haven't been shopping yet since setting up the card. Unless I'm missing something I think this may be the only place I regularly go where Apple Pay is actually supported and I'm not even 100% sure about that store yet.

I think Apple Pay is a great idea. It sounds convenient and the extra security sounds great. I just can't find anywhere to actually use it without spending money somewhere like McDonalds where I normally wouldn't eat.

Same thing for me. None of the places I frequent regularly support it. Walmart wants you to use their funky app that is slow as molasses to load on my 6 plus.

I think I could use it at QT or Kum n Go but I would have to go inside, which defeats the purpose of pay at the pump. Walmart Family markets are closest to me, so I don't go the 3-4 miles out of my way to Reasors, Sprouts, Aldi or Whole Foods.

Looks like Target doesn't support Apple Pay either. They are one of the stores in my area I assumed I would actually get some use out of it.

Same thing for me. None of the places I frequent regularly support it. Walmart wants you to use their funky app that is slow as molasses to load on my 6 plus.

I think I could use it at QT or Kum n Go but I would have to go inside, which defeats the purpose of pay at the pump. Walmart Family markets are closest to me, so I don't go the 3-4 miles out of my way to Reasors, Sprouts, Aldi or Whole Foods.

I’ve tried the Walmart app too but never can get a connection inside those block cement walls.
I went back to using my debit card.
Apple Pay is a great idea. Too bad everyone else has the same great idea.

I used to use it at Panera Bread. I stopped when NFCU stated Apple Pay users would no longer get points on the credit card.

Update on BJ's While BJ's has been advertising Apple Pay on their machines for months, it has never worked. But last week I went in and noticed the registers all had new charge card machines with local 15" screens for customers to see your tally as the cashier scans your items. So I gave it a try and it now works. No trouble getting the cash back credits either. Used my Apple watch which is so easy, just double press the side button and when the credit card image shows up on the watch, the blue lights scan across the terminal. Very fast.

tigerfan- you don't need a connection if the system works because Apple Pay uses the Near Field Communications. You just need to hold your watch close to the terminal and it should work. Around here Walgreens works fine. I don't shop at Walmart but my wife does. Not sure if ours has the NFC Apple Pay terminals or not but I know she uses the ones at Walgreens.

I don't shop at Walmart but my wife does. Not sure if ours has the NFC Apple Pay terminals or not but I know she uses the ones at Walgreens.

From what I've read it doesn't sound like Walmart supports Apple Pay at all. Instead they want you to use their app that accomplishes something similar so they don't have to pay Apple or the credit card companies their fee on transactions.

Edit: it sounds like Target is doing something similar. I like the idea of using Apple Pay but all these retailers are not going to get me to install an app for each one of them to tie my credit cards to. I would much rather pay the old way than give into that.

Reactions: osu1991
I use it where available (which is not most places). The primary places I use it are Firehouse Subs and Panara Bread.

I found this website that lists many of the major retailers that support Apple Pay. There are a few places on there where I occasionally shop. Maybe I'll actually use Apple Pay one day now that I have it activated. From reading the reports from members here it sounds like it will probably be a pretty rare occurrence though. Strangely Target's app and website is listed as supported but their stores do not support it.

Apple Pay - Where to Use

OH! I forgot the other place that I use it quite often - vending machines. At my office all of the machines take apple pay.

Yep, I forgot about that, the vending machines at the Colorado Springs airport take Apple Pay. I buy a bottle of water every time I fly out.

Coincidentally, just stopped at a Mexican restaurant for lunch, small local chain, they now take Apple Pay. Although I didn't notice until I had already inserted my credit card.

Update on BJ's While BJ's has been advertising Apple Pay on their machines for months, it has never worked. But last week I went in and noticed the registers all had new charge card machines with local 15" screens for customers to see your tally as the cashier scans your items. So I gave it a try and it now works. No trouble getting the cash back credits either. Used my Apple watch which is so easy, just double press the side button and when the credit card image shows up on the watch, the blue lights scan across the terminal. Very fast.

tigerfan- you don't need a connection if the system works because Apple Pay uses the Near Field Communications. You just need to hold your watch close to the terminal and it should work. Around here Walgreens works fine. I don't shop at Walmart but my wife does. Not sure if ours has the NFC Apple Pay terminals or not but I know she uses the ones at Walgreens.

The connection I am talking about is with the Walmart App.
I do wish Walmart would ditch their app and open up to Apple Pay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)