Apple sends out official invites to September 10th event

Wish we would, but they use such small spaces I doubt we ever will get one.

?Notice that the colors on the invitation are the same colors we have seen leaked, including the champagne color. :)

Apple has just scheduled a China event just hours after the US one next week.

Sometime, date to be determined, Carl Ichan will be having dinner with Tim Cook. Investors are speculating Ichan will be suggesting to Tim Cook, to accelerate the Stock buyback plan by one year with an increase in line of credit. It's a plan used before by Warren Buffett at Berkshire that could sit a floor to Apple stock at $600+ before Apple ever spends a dime.

Also, it is suspected that Ichan will ask Tim Cook to end his iphone buyback plan as it would not generate increased revenues.

Note- this is not what Ichan said he plans but what speculators believe he will ask.

September is looking to be a big month for Apple and it's fans and investors.

Ummm... Don, I don't know how Carl Ichan is... Carl Icahn is the financier. I wouldn't have mentioned it, but you got it wrong at least 5 times.

It's a strategy, but not one built on creating actual value through great new products and new product categories. If all you're looking for is a stock price increase, fair enough.

So they're throwing in the towel on innovation at Apple to drive stock price up then?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Ummm... Don, I don't know how Carl Ichan is... Carl Icahn is the financier. I wouldn't have mentioned it, but you got it wrong at least 5 times.

It's a strategy, but not one built on creating actual value through great new products and new product categories. If all you're looking for is a stock price increase, fair enough.

So they're throwing in the towel on innovation at Apple to drive stock price up then?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. They certainly have enough money to accelerate a stock but back while investing heavily in R&D.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

dangue has it right. The plan that people believe Ichan will ask for has already been tested by WB. A company has to manage it's revenue stream properly to make for better R&D too. But as I said before the big positive for new products would be for the government to restructure the tax code to make it advantageous to repatriate all that cash.

The product innovative cycle will be up spring of 2014. If they do not introduce something at the level of an ipad, iphone or ipod, or they do and it is a flop then the naysayers who believe Apple as a Growth company is over will be justified. And we will also need to give Apple at least a year to know if anything they introduce has enough popularity to be that next ipad. So, if it ceases to be the innovator of recent past, maybe the company will still have some life for investors as a value investment.

It would be nice surprise if Apple does announce something new on the 10th but I'm more thinking that will be in October or November.

As soon as Verizon got the iPhone I started buying them. I preordered the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5 to get each of them the day they came out. I didn't pay full retail for any of them. We had available upgrades on our family plan and I always passed my old phones to someone else in the family. For the first time since Verizon offered the iPhone I'm not planning on upgrading even though I have an upgrade available.

I really didn't need to upgrade from the 4 to the 4S but a family member wanted my 4 so I was happy to do it. I upgraded to the iPhone 5 for LTE. LTE was in my area a long time before the iPhone offered it and I hated that all my friends with android phones could use it but I couldn't. I'm not ditching my iPhone and moving to android but I don't really see what killer feature they are going to offer on the 5S. I don't think I can justify the upgrade just for a processor speed increase like I did for the 4S.

Maybe I will be wrong and there will be a big surprise today. I kind of hope there is because I'm ready for something new. I won't move to android though because I have way to many paid apps between my iPhone and iPad that I refuse to buy again.

Today's reveal will tell me if Apple still has it or not. Like king3pj I dont want to move off of the iPhone due to the amount of Apps and music / video files I have which will only work on my iPhone. And for me my phone is my world. No matter where I am I have full control of all our servers and can manage them like I was sitting at a desktop.

So far from what has been leaked about the 5S I am not impressed, so I hope there is more (a lot more) yet to be revealed.

The only real leaks is the case, fingerprint reader, and new camera/flash system... I wonder if there is something they have managed to keep secret?

Me too. I actually want a reason to upgrade but the fingerprint reader seems unnecessary to me and the iPhone 5 camera is already good enough for my purposes. I won't do it just for a speed bump when all the apps I use will continue to run fine on my 5. Unless something today really changes my mind I think I will skip a model for the first time since they came to Verizon. I might be waiting for an iPhone 6 with a bigger design change.

From an investor point of view, this announcement is more about increasing Apple's footprint in China sales which will increase $ earnings than any 'wow' product offering. I also have a minor interest in any apple TV announcements as I could be in the market for an Apple TV based on what it will do.

I have the iphone 5 ( for my wife) and main reason we got it was LTE. She loves the Face time and uses it all the time. Likes the great camera and doesn't need better. I have no plans on upgrading either from my Thunderbolt or her iphone5 even though I also have an upgrade as of last month. I'm thinking there is little that the smart phone can do new that will be a surprise as the Smart phone has exhausted new and exciting until it has the rumored iBank infrastructure. The finger print reader is a step in that direction.

You know before I was against a bigger screen... but now I want one.

I wouldn't mind a little bigger either as long as it still comfortably fits in my pocket. The Galaxy screen size is the maximum I would want and even that seems a little big for me. Either way it sounds like we will have to wait until next year for a major design change.

I still have to 4S with At&T unlimited data. I may upgrade but need to know if I'll lose my unlimited data plan?
I'm not looking forward to getting many charging adapters.:(

I still have to 4S with At&T unlimited data. I may upgrade but need to know if I'll lose my unlimited data plan?

Only if you take the subsidized price. If you pay full price you are supposed to be able to keep your unlimited data plan, unless AT&T has changed this.

I'm not sure about AT&T but I think when Verizon dumped their unlimited data plans you had to pay full retail for the iPhone 5 if you wanted to keep your unlimited data. That's when I gave mine up because that was the only way to get a subsidized iPhone 5 as far as I know.

I ended up getting 2GB for the same price as my old unlimited data. It seems like a total ripoff but I also got unlimited minutes and texts vs the 1400 minutes I had on my old plan. I needed the unlimited minutes more than the unlimited data so it works out for me. I use lots of minutes for work but I am connected to WiFi whenever I'm home or at the office so I never run over my data limit. If you do lots of streaming audio when you drive like I used to it could be a bigger problem but I typically listen to podcasts I downloaded over WiFi now.

This was not true of AT&T when Verizon announced this. Not sure if the policy has changed in recent months, but I do not believe you lose unlimited by getting a new subsidized phone on AT&T.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts