Apple vs. Ellen or iPhone vs. Common Sense

I despise Ellen, but this just shows what a group of idiots run Apple in that they can't take a f-ing joke. I guess that to "Think Different" means "Take yourself WAYYYYY too seriously."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if the sheep stop buying their product, they'll stop doing this kinda crap. But as long as the sheep line up, they'll keep doing it. :(

I concur. :up
Not everybody that buys their products are sheep. I cannot stand Macs. I cannot stand most apple products and the way they operate. I bought an iPhone because it is the best smart phone that AT&T carries. Can you think of a better phone through AT&T (particularly one year ago)?

I spend a lot of time doing a lot of research with a lot of different phones at different companies. Other companies had better phones for my preference at the time, but then I would had to have switched providers.

ETA for clarity: I do realize that saying sheep buying a product is not the same thing as saying everyone that buys said product is a sheep. I was just clarifying the latter part even though you might have meant the former

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking 1,000,000 over-sized ipod touches sold in a month = a lot of sheep. Line up, drink the apphole juice, and get religion. :rolleyes:

And back to the topic, I agree, her apology was more of an F--U than anything. Good for Ellen.

I remember when you got your iPod touch, you loved it. :)

I love my iphone and my iPad, both work great. But I got to admit Apple is souring my stomach with the dumb crap they have been pulling lately.

Yeah, I like my ipod touch for video in the gym. Never cared for its menu system for music. And as a PDA, never been impressed. Their best product by far for me was the classic ipod.

But something about Apple has been ticking me off for the past year, and my days of supporting them in any way, shape, or form, are over. When I want a better portable video player for the gym, I'll find an alternative - an Android tablet most likely. Already boycotting itunes. Just need to get my music out of it, convert it to DRM-free formats.

And if I see that darn Mac v PC commercial one more time... :)

I would like a Andriod Increadable. My problem with Android is there are too many versions of it floating around out there. Is confusing what version does what.

I wish they would make it the same version over all the phones.

I would like a Andriod Increadable. My problem with Android is there are too many versions of it floating around out there. Is confusing what version does what.

I wish they would make it the same version over all the phones.

Its actually pretty simple. The Droid, Incredible, and Nexus One are all running Android 2.1; the Eris and all the older phones are running 1.6 or 1.5. Pretty much anything new coming out on Verizon is 2.1.

There are a ton of roms out there; but they give you a lot of flexibility. Even there, there are two extremely popular custom roms - bugless beast and cyanogen. Both permit overclocking, and provide a very fast Droid experience.

The Incredible gets good reviews, although I am not sold on the SenseUI; sure, some of their widgets are cool - I just hate the curved Phone button built in, that is there regardless of what you are doing. I just want the full screen. But the Incredible's hardware is pretty sweet. 1GHz processor with 512MB of ram built in.

I am looking forward to Droid 2 (which I hope won't come out until I qualify for a annual upgrade). Same basic phone, more power. That's my hope.

Those ads are most likely dead...
“Get a Mac” ads may be dead | MyCE – My Consumer Electronics

Combined how long they were run and how reportedly successful they were, must have switched everybody...:)
It's just an illusion that PCs are still in use...

Diogen.

The PC is dead? LOL. :D

Yeah, thinking about it, I have not seen that commercial in awhile, but it always annoyed me. Of course Microsoft had a sense of humor and never sued Apple over them. :)

The PC is dead? LOL. :D

Yeah, thinking about it, I have not seen that commercial in awhile, but it always annoyed me. Of course Microsoft had a sense of humor and never sued Apple over them. :)
I just hated that MS "acknowledged" them and then started all their "I'm a PC" ads for their OS. And yes, those "Hi I'm a Mac" ads made me want to vomit. I honestly wanted that Mac guy to get hit by a Mac Truck (har har)

I just hated that MS "acknowledged" them and then started all their "I'm a PC" ads for their OS. And yes, those "Hi I'm a Mac" ads made me want to vomit. I honestly wanted that Mac guy to get hit by a Mac Truck (har har)
I am a PC guy (especially since I get all of my MS software for free) and I do not like MACs at all. Even though I thought the commercials flat out lied at times and I do not like MACs, I still thought they were pretty entertaining; probably because it demonstrated the elitist attitude of the company (sometimes with humor comes truth, even if it is truth you don't want others to discover).

BTW, I am typing this on an old HP laptop using Ubuntu 10.04 OS and FF.

Its actually pretty simple. The Droid, Incredible, and Nexus One are all running Android 2.1; the Eris and all the older phones are running 1.6 or 1.5. Pretty much anything new coming out on Verizon is 2.1.

There are a ton of roms out there; but they give you a lot of flexibility. Even there, there are two extremely popular custom roms - bugless beast and cyanogen. Both permit overclocking, and provide a very fast Droid experience.

The Incredible gets good reviews, although I am not sold on the SenseUI; sure, some of their widgets are cool - I just hate the curved Phone button built in, that is there regardless of what you are doing. I just want the full screen. But the Incredible's hardware is pretty sweet. 1GHz processor with 512MB of ram built in.

I am looking forward to Droid 2 (which I hope won't come out until I qualify for a annual upgrade). Same basic phone, more power. That's my hope.

Not to hijack, but I have some questions about using separate roms in Androids on my other thread here. Would you kindly indulge me there so I can make a more informed decision? I'm leaning very much towards getting an Android device but I need some more information first.

Not to hijack, but I have some questions about using separate roms in Androids on my other thread here. Would you kindly indulge me there so I can make a more informed decision? I'm leaning very much towards getting an Android device but I need some more information first.

Will do - heading there now... :)

I love my Macbook Pro, it allows me to run OSX, Windows 7 and UNIX on it... all the tools and OS's I need to run the site and test the site using various platforms. :)

My Macbook pro is now 3 years old and runs as good as it did when I first purchased it. You can't say that about any windows machine. :)

I respect Apple engineers very much.
And even the design (Ive) is mostly to my taste (with the exception for the half-sphere one).
And all the Intel-based run Win7...

As long as I don't see any Apple software, I'm fine.

Just looked the other day at an Apple Time Machine (wtf is with those pretentious names?)
I couldn't believe the MAC address can't be changed in this thing (yes, I always do that), but it's true...

Too bad there is no DD-WRT version for it...

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)