Apple vs. Ellen or iPhone vs. Common Sense

That's good to know...

The one I saw was just a week old (not mine)...

Diogen.

Apple may have it,s lunch handed to them. Nexus 2 will be released at the same time the new IPhone is released. I understand that the nexus 2 is light years ahead of the new IPhone. Job is worked up over the pre-release through engadget. He fears that tis will give andorid and WM7 a heads up on what apple has to offer.

I will not get the new IPhone as I hate ATT and will wait until next year to get the latest Nexus product.

Not everybody that buys their products are sheep. I cannot stand Macs. I cannot stand most apple products and the way they operate. I bought an iPhone because it is the best smart phone that AT&T carries. Can you think of a better phone through AT&T (particularly one year ago)?

I spend a lot of time doing a lot of research with a lot of different phones at different companies. Other companies had better phones for my preference at the time, but then I would had to have switched providers.

ETA for clarity: I do realize that saying sheep buying a product is not the same thing as saying everyone that buys said product is a sheep. I was just clarifying the latter part even though you might have meant the former

I understood...LOL...

But if you HAD to stay with AT&T (you poor soul), easy. Get a Blackberry. Might not have the cache that the iphone has, but its a better device, you know, to actually make phone calls on. (does anyone do that anymore?)

I know three of four iphone owners that constantly complain about call quality and reception, but just MUST have that little *pple on the back.

I understand that the nexus 2 is light years ahead of the new IPhone.
Not sure about that.
The next iPhone will have a higher resolution screen.
And Apple will market the heck out of this so no one from a teenager to Walt Mossberg would be able to imagine life without it...

Diogen.

Not sure about that.
The next iPhone will have a higher resolution screen.
And Apple will market the heck out of this so no one from a teenager to Walt Mossberg would be able to imagine life without it...

Diogen.

If engadget reports are correct the next IPhone has the same resolution as the NEXUS1

The big problem with the IPhone is ATT. According to IPHONE RUMOR site ATT has the most dropped calls. If the IPhone is sold through another carrier than it may stay on top of the heap.

I understood...LOL...

But if you HAD to stay with AT&T (you poor soul), easy. Get a Blackberry. Might not have the cache that the iphone has, but its a better device, you know, to actually make phone calls on. (does anyone do that anymore?)

I know three of four iphone owners that constantly complain about call quality and reception, but just MUST have that little *pple on the back.
I do not like Blackberry and the ones with ATT are not as good as the others with the other providers.

The reason why I am staying with ATT is because we are still under a 12 year old PacBell plan in which my wife and I together pay $30/month. Every time they add a feature, like Roll Over when PacBell switched to Cingular, we get that feature.

As far as ATT service goes, I have not had any issues. Even though their 3G may not be as extensive as Verizon, the coverage in my area (were I spend 99% of my time) is just as good as Verizon. In fact, it is faster.

If engadget reports are correct the next IPhone has the same resolution as the NEXUS1

The big problem with the IPhone is ATT. According to IPHONE RUMOR site ATT has the most dropped calls. If the IPhone is sold through another carrier than it may stay on top of the heap.
Never had a single dropped call with PacBell, Cingular, and now ATT. In fact, ATT was the only provider getting 3G access on the top of the 12,000 ft Mammoth Crest.

I will admit that Verizon has better cell coverage in most rural areas

Its actually pretty simple. The Droid, Incredible, and Nexus One are all running Android 2.1; the Eris and all the older phones are running 1.6 or 1.5. Pretty much anything new coming out on Verizon is 2.1.

There are a ton of roms out there; but they give you a lot of flexibility. Even there, there are two extremely popular custom roms - bugless beast and cyanogen. Both permit overclocking, and provide a very fast Droid experience.

The Incredible gets good reviews, although I am not sold on the SenseUI; sure, some of their widgets are cool - I just hate the curved Phone button built in, that is there regardless of what you are doing. I just want the full screen. But the Incredible's hardware is pretty sweet. 1GHz processor with 512MB of ram built in.

I am looking forward to Droid 2 (which I hope won't come out until I qualify for a annual upgrade). Same basic phone, more power. That's my hope.

HMM I have a Moment and Hero , Moment now running a leaked 2.1 and Hero still 1.5 with SenseUI , my curved phone button disappears on the hero. an Moment runs stock andriod.

I do not like Blackberry and the ones with ATT are not as good as the others with the other providers.

The reason why I am staying with ATT is because we are still under a 12 year old PacBell plan in which my wife and I together pay $30/month. Every time they add a feature, like Roll Over when PacBell switched to Cingular, we get that feature.

As far as ATT service goes, I have not had any issues. Even though their 3G may not be as extensive as Verizon, the coverage in my area (were I spend 99% of my time) is just as good as Verizon. In fact, it is faster.
Another reason why I am glad I have ATT here in LA County instead of Verizon.

On Mothers Day my parents were camping at a lake about 5 miles from my house (they are staying their in the motorhome while their house is being worked on). The whole family was up visiting and all except for myself, my wife, and my brother in law have Verizon. My 83 year old grandpa fell and hit is head. We had to call 911. Everyone with Verizon was trying to get a signal and could not dial in the most populated county in the US. I then pulled out my iPhone and was able to connect with full bars and no issues. Thank God he was OK and the few extra second did not mean something more serious.

I do realize that Verizon has better coverage in most of the country. In the area in which I spend 95% of my time, ATT is better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)