Apple WWDC Discussion Thread

Can anybody explain "system wide 3rd party keyboards?" I presume soft keyboards with different features, perhaps more "levels" with extra characters?

Can anybody explain "system wide 3rd party keyboards?" I presume soft keyboards with different features, perhaps more "levels" with extra characters?

They showed Swype running on iOS, so yes, third party keyboards, even more predictive writing via a third party, etc...

I didn't watch the press conference but I have been skimming the headlines. I'm guessing some of the bombshell iOS 8 features will be held back until the iPhone 6 announcement. They always seem to hold back a few of the features for the hardware announcement, especially the ones that will only work on the new devices.

I didn't make the upgrade from 5 to 5S because I didn't see enough new stuff to make my iPhone 5 feel obsolete. I did make the upgrade from 4S to 5 even though my phone was less than a year old because LTE speeds were a game changer considering Verizon's slow 3G speeds. Once I had it I appreciated the slightly larger screen and lighter, thinner build too.

I don't expect something as big as LTE again but I'll be watching the iPhone 6 reveal closely. If there are game changing improvements to features or design I'll pull the trigger. If not I'm still happy with my iPhone 5.

Android is out of the picture for me. Even though I like the look and feel of some of their devices I won't be switching from iOS anytime soon. Between the iPhone and iPad I've invested too much in apps to leave that ecosystem and start over. Plus I love Airplay. I use the Apple TV airplay video occasionally but the real use for me comes from audio airplay. I use airplay to stream music, podcasts, and audiobooks to 3 different places in my home and I won't give up that ease of use.

I am excited by Yosemite, and meh about iOS 8. But I didn't expect a fundamental re-do. This is just the first incremental upgrade to the OS they introduced a year ago.

php9enseyimg_0863.jpg

Looks like iPad 2 is in, as is iPhone 4S....

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)