April 6th Retailer Chat Details

The Big Wood said:
I wouldn't think there is a problem with this component on any of the 811 units already shipped to Dish's customer base. Coming from an electronics manufacturer myself, Jim's comments sound like an everyday occurance for us at our plant. The manufacturer of a component (whether it is a resistor, oscillator, IC, power supply, connector, cable assembly, whatever) had issues with manufacturing their part. This happens all the time, in fact we had a $1250 motor go out in a machine at my plant today that has shut a $2.5 million line down. That means our customers will have a shortage of their units until this motor can be replaced (glad I started my vacation today!).

No worries guys, Hakuna Matata (can you guess where I'm headed for vacation?).

Darn, there goes more of our tax payer's money. I never realized that those assembly lines in the state prisons had such expensive equipment. Oh Well, guess you'll enjoy your vacation in the hole.

HDTV Rookie said:
Darn, there goes more of our tax payer's money. I never realized that those assembly lines in the state prisons had such expensive equipment. Oh Well, guess you'll enjoy your vacation in the hole.

Ok, I was just kidding, but you did say to guess

Have fun

Scott, I hope you told that"source" who informed you of the immenent arrival of"YES" to get lost. Sounds like someone was having a little fun with you

There was also a problem with dish underestimating demand on HD receivers, compounded by component shortages.

Scott Greczkowski said:
South Bend is available now on 105
Lincoln, Nebraska Launched on the 31st
Rochester New York, launches april 8th on 121.

112 local markets

Coming soon for locals
Duluth!
Fargo
Portland Maine
Topeka KS

any idea when portland, me. will be added?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)