Not open for further replies.
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I dont have time to search now, but it was posted why and there were a few discussions about it before I axed it.

But ultimately I dont want you guys to have your machines catching crap just because your playing games on SatelliteGuys. It had nothing to do with us not earning money from those ads it was not being able to control the ads to protect the members from harm to their machines.

pickone4me

pickone4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 22, 2012
wisconsin
I dont have time to search now, but it was posted why and there were a few discussions about it before I axed it.

But ultimately I dont want you guys to have your machines catching crap just because your playing games on SatelliteGuys. It had nothing to do with us not earning money from those ads it was not being able to control the ads to protect the members from harm to their machines.

You explained the reason why, so it is case closed to me for the arcade. It's also great that you look out for your members here to keep viruses and that sort off the website.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Members are always me first concern. With out members there is no SatelliteGuys. I actually fired a few ad agencies that we were making good money from just to protect our members from crap. I told other forum owners I did that and they thought I was nuts and said that having some casualties from Malware and Virus' was acceptable in the big scope of things. Not for me thanks. :)

Kraven

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
I did previously post my work laptop got infected. Quite impressive considering the security it and our network has.

pickone4me

pickone4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 22, 2012
wisconsin
I did previously post my work laptop got infected. Quite impressive considering the security it and our network has.

I can recommend a decent linux distro for you so those automatic virus installs don't happen.

Hall

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Linux distros are like flavors of the month. They're typically just something different, not better (or worse) ! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.