Archos recorder

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I am thinking about buying the Archos TV+ DVR for recording programs instaed of using a DVD recorder. Anyone out there use this? Any good or just so-so? I don't care if it records HD since I don't have a HD set at work where I stay. Just curious on how easy it is to use with a Dish reciever and then hooking it up to a regular TV set. Thanks

My Archos 404CC does a credible job of recording 640X480 mpeg-4 video using the Archos DVR Station. An Archos TV+ is 1 generation later than the x04 players, so I think it will do at least as well. I tried it using a 501 composite output.

My Archos 404CC does a credible job of recording 640X480 mpeg-4 video using the Archos DVR Station. An Archos TV+ is 1 generation later than the x04 players, so I think it will do at least as well. I tried it using a 501 composite output.

Thanks. I have a 722 that I will use and just wanted to know if it was easy to record from the 722 to the Archos. I am just tired of setting up my DVD recorder and would hope this would be like recording to the 722 or the 622.

Well... You're talking about (not faster than) real time recording where you have to push at least two buttons to get the recording going. (One on the 722 remote and one on the Archos.) I imagine it would be no harder than a DVD recorder, but I don't own one so I don't really know. No disks to fiddle with using the Archos. ;)

To make recording to the Archos both easier and faster, you might consider the Dish Network plug-in. Let's see if I can get a link on here. Our 722s are eligible to get this free plug-in, and it works for Archos portable media players including the 405, 605, and 705. I think it also works with the TV+, but make sure of that before buying!

Here's the signup/download page on Archos's website. It makes no mention of the TV+. :( The way this works is you connect up your Archos via USB cable, and tell the 722 to transfer your SD recording. The Dish DVR recording then gets transferred to the Archos disk and away you go.

Last edited:
I still use the old PocketDish. It is a snap to record to and the picture/sound is excellent. You do the same thing you would to record to your EHD. I don't think they make dedicated PDs anymore, however, and new ones now require plug-ins. Too bad, they are neat devices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)