Arduino DiSEqC Decoder

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'll let you know. It will be a couple of weeks or so though. Ordered from China.

Reactions: lost_mesa
Okay, I have writing to an SD card and Bluetooth working!
So far only tested on a mega board. Will have to test on a nano and uno.
Will also clean up the latest version of code and get it posted in a couple of days.

Also got some XR2211 PLL chips in the mail today. So will experiment with that too, over the next couple of days.

Thank you for this interesting project. However, I have a couple of queries about the circuit diagram which maybe some kind person can answer. First, is C2 correctly placed? It looks as if it will shunt out all the RF passing between the LNB and RCVR sockets. And (for this Arduino newcomer), which terminals of the Arduino should the outputs X1-1 and X2-1 connect to?

Yes, I have the one on my test setup still working fine here. C2 is just a filter cap for the voltage regulator.
X1 goes to pin digital pin 2.
X2 is just for reading the voltage on the coax. I am not even sure I have it in the code above. :) You can eliminate R8, R9, and R10.....
....or add it and I will update the code in a day or two to add that part. I have it here, just haven't uploaded a newer version.
It is real simple... it is just a voltage divider that is hooked to one of the Analog inputs and a little code and math to display the voltage on the LCD.

Reactions: Arcy
First, is C2 correctly placed? It looks as if it will shunt out all the RF passing between the LNB and RCVR sockets.

I was wondering about that too. Seems like C2 would shunt the I.F. and DiSEqC commands to ground. Maybe feed the voltage regulator/C2 connection with a choke, similar to L1? But if it works, it works.

I was just looking and I see that N0QBH did the same with his PIC version.
Has got me to pondering it though.
diseqc_dec_232.JPG

L1 acts like a choke at the IF of the satellite signal, but will pass the much lower freq. of 22k just fine.
I actually have experimented with taking it out, and had it work with not using L1.

Another thing to ponder. I noticed that the units I built from N0QBHs design would not operate behind my microHD. I never pursued that issue.

Thank you very much, K4EST! I also noticed N0QBH's design, but there the supply to the regulator is taken from the other side of L1. This looks a better arrangement -- unless there is sufficient inductance in the wiring to block the RF....

Reactions: KE4EST
BTW Arcy Welcome to SatelliteGuys!! :)

Reactions: Arcy
diseqc_circuit_board.jpg diseqc_circuit_board_Stuffed.jpg diseqc_circuit_board_working_small.jpg
Boards came in from the board house today.
The mess of wires in the background are just temp going from arduino to LCD.
It is working much better on a board like this, with shorter leads on components and no jumper wires everywhere.
I had to modify the timing on the interrupts! :)
The timing coming out of the Amiko Mini HD SE was almost perfect on the scope coming out of this board!!!

Ok I made the change to the code listed in post #2. If you download the zip though and use it you will get a possible error.
Will up load the update later.

Reactions: Titanium
Minor update to code in Post #2.

Reactions: Titanium
What and how are you doing contrast control on the LCD?
And do you have a serial output for logging?

What and how are you doing contrast control on the LCD?
External 5k POT, didn't put that in the schematic since, I didn't put the Arduino or Atmel chip and or the LCD, in the schematic.
And do you have a serial output for logging?
I am using an external SD card module and using the SPI bus.
I need to upload that code at some point, just haven't got it finalized.
Works pretty good though so far. I can pull the chip out and stick it in the computer and look at all the data.
Even have Bluetooth working. Pretty neat to watch it output to my phone.
...but it introduces an error somewhere. After a 5-15 successful decodes I get an erroneous one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts