Are all Android phones the same?

I did not state half of what you said so it does not agree with your point fully. The only point that I agreed with is that there are custom roms and the updates come out a little slower. I have to say the slower updates is still up in the air as there was only one update for the Hero. With 2.2 it will never come fully out as the processor is slower and will not run everything. The Droid and other vanilla Android phones will be in the same boat one of these days. We will see how long it takes 2.2 to come out on the Evo to see how much longer it will really take for the update.

Now on the Sense UI, I actually like it better than the vanilla look and feel. This one is just a preference. There is no right or wrong answer on this one.

Now on the Sense UI, I actually like it better than the vanilla look and feel. This one is just a preference. There is no right or wrong answer on this one.
Now this is where i agree on it is preference. Sense looks great!! It's just it's to slow and bogs down. So i put faster themes that look like sense and i am very happy!:up

Now this is where i agree on it is preference. Sense looks great!! It's just it's to slow and bogs down. So i put faster themes that look like sense and i am very happy!:up
I disabled sense on my Evo and stock ecliar seemed pretty slow. Plus sense adds a lot of useful widgets and the ability to quickly move between screens, so I turned it back on.

As far as Sense, keep in mind you can substitute it with another launcher. Right now I am running Launcher Pro and it works great. I still have no idea where people are getting the idea that Sense bogs down the device. Maybe that's true with other devices but it is smooth as butter on the Incredible. The only negative that I will give Sense is that updates might come slower but I am not in a terrible rush to get 2.2 because it is already fast and it includes flash light. Tethering would be nice but PDA Net works great. Its the best of both worlds right now because even though i am not running the Sense launcher I still have the slick black notification bar and more polished menu options. Maybe once the root process becomes easier I will give it a try but right now I'm happy with the device as it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts