Are Canadians nuts?

LocutusOfBorg

I have better things to do
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Sorry, I have to vent. I've been watching "A Few Good Men" on a Canadian satellite and I must of heard 1000 renditions of a Febreze commercial during this movie - same one every time. Is Febreze that desperate to sell their product?

Sorry, I have to vent. I've been watching "A Few Good Men" on a Canadian satellite and I must of heard 1000 renditions of a Febreze commercial during this movie - same one every time. Is Febreze that desperate to sell their product?

Sounds like when I've tried to watch anything on the Travel Channel app on Roku lately. A zillion commercials for "Jingle Jammies" at Old Navy. :wtf2

Was at a friends house today. We watched 2 episodes of "The Deadliest Catch." In that 2 hour stretch there must have been 20 Nissan commercials. That might not have been so bad but it was THE SAME COMMERCIAL!!! Sometimes twice or more during the same break. With that much commercial support TV should be FREE or close to it. Not $100 per month.

It's been now some years since I cancelled my sub to Canadian satellite.

Back then I'd watch some shows . live, with commercials, I like a commercial if it's good, funny or something,

Can't recall any from Canadian tv,

Nowadays I don't watch commercials, with my shows.

Now, I sometimes feel nostalgic and I watch old commercials from the 70's and 80s on youtube, especially the Christmas commercials around this time of year.

And there are some particular commercials (kind of old now) that I like to watch again and again,

For example this one:

I would imagine that overly repetitious commercials would make people turn their TV off or they'll go "mad". Of course, recording the program and playing it back later would be an option.

I have never understood the concept of commercials on a service that you already pay for. I don't mind commercials on a free OTA channel. The next issue is the channel identifier that they have on the screen during the program. How does this improve our viewing experience? Notice they remove it during the commercials. I guess they do these things because the public accepts it.

Other than news, if I can't record it then I don't watch it.
I record the local news because there's a lot of stuff in it that I don't care about. I'm considering national news because of the bias news reporting that I want to skip over. As for recording other stuff off of satellite, I've found that to be unreliable - either the osmio clock goes haywire or the dish doesn't accurately point at the target satellite.

Upgrade to TNAP 4.0 to get the clock fix. I have same problem of the dish not necessarily pointing accurately each time. I manually point the dish in advance of the record time.
I upgraded one box with TNAP4 and so far it looks like it's maintaining accurate time. I did find some issues with TNAP4 and reported them at legitfta.

I was watching the football games on Anik F1R today. There's some Canadian food delivery service commercial that ran about 20 times per game. I didn't catch exactly what the commercial was about because I'm really fast with the "mute" button.

I'd normally record and watch later, but I've had bad luck trying to record Canadian feeds. Seems the video recordings usually get corrupted. Anyone else have this problem ONLY with Canadian programs?

I'm really tired of the commercials featuring the ostrich, or whatever. Same company has a few featuring a giant dollhouse - can't change the channel fast enough for those!
OTOH, the play-on-words commercials, where people have a problem with their neighbors fencing :fencing, or the pipes making noises... great!

If this one below were a real commercial, I wouldn't mind watching it over and over agian,

It's not a commercial, but I constantly watch it on YouTube