ARE LOCALS ONLY AVAIKABLE ON DISH NETWORK??

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I recall that some time ago one could subscribe to locals only. I don`t see this option in checking their website.
it now looks like the least expensive way to receive locals is thru the welcome package, unless I have missed something.

I think you are right. They haven't offered locals-only for many months. Or years. Senior moment here.

thanks for confirming that. I guess that my least expensive option for locals is the welcome package.

It` ALL about the $$$$. We end up paying for programs we don`t watch or need.

It` ALL about the $$$$. We end up paying for programs we don`t watch or need.

Seriously, man, Dish has a $19.99/month Welcome Pack. Can you find anything cheaper than that out there? Consider it a $19.99 charge for locals and that you get a handful of other channels for free.

Is there ANY other provider out there that offers a cheaper, regular-price package than the Welcome Pack? Seems a real waste of time to gripe about it if you can't find anything cheaper that compares. Just my two cents worth...

If you want cheaper than $19.99 there is always a TV ANTENNA. It surprises some people what is available and how well they work with digital broadcasts.

somedishguy;
you`re right. I stand corrected!

Along with locals (in HD if available through Dish and if you have an HD receiver/equipment), you will also get the following in SD:

Comedy Central
Food Network
HGTV
TVGN
History
Oxygen
TBS
MTV 2
CMT
Boomerang
The Hub
TLC
Hallmark
Bloomberg
MSNBC
Weather Channel
RT
Public Interest Channels
Channels in Free Preview (some in HD if available in HD)

(You might even get We TV--not sure if it is still available. There is also a Blockbuster Studios HD channel that airs movies from time to time.)

You may even add a la carte options like $5/month Encore, $7/month Epix, or/and others...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)