Coolsat Are there any bin files to update a CS7100 hereabouts?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mountain Do

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
Wino Country
Jello

Would like to TRY to knock some sense into my CoolSat 7100 with a firmware update, if I can find one. Are there any kept here for our access, or is this voodoo only undertaken by hackers of ill repute?? Sure seems like this shouldn't have taken all afternoon - but I'm afraid it has. Feelin pretty stupid about now - could have just trashed this box and bought something else.

but I've always LIKED my coolsats!

oh well . . . .

No, we do not keep a repository for them here, for the most part, because of what you mentioned.
We tried it for a few years but we had too many files that were designed to hack the box.
With no way to test out every file that someone uploads to see if it is legit firmware or hackware, we removed it.
However, if a user has a firmware file for the Cool Sat 7100 I have no problem with them attaching it to a post in this thread.
Just make sure to ZIP it first.

In fact I are one of those users, it appears, looking at my files............Hope this helps!

Attachments

• CS7100-v116.zip
    988.3 KB · Views: 245
Wow - that's about the best outcome I could hope for - that you'd arrive so promptly with such a clever hint at a solution, and nearly as promptly to show up to capitalize on that brilliant suggestion for me -- HUGE thanks would be in order, if I could type that big!!! I'll be trying this out ASAP while I try to write you poetry or something....

Reactions: KE4EST
Let me know how it goes. I might be able to dig out other stuff for the 7100. I even have one somewhere, don't use it anymore, too many channels are DVB-S2 now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)