Are we ever going to get more than 100 record timers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm 32 and antisocial. Wake up, work, watch TV and sleep. Aside from the primetime block on FNC, most of the shows that I watch are on cable and premium cable are are only 10-13 episodes per year. I only watch four 1 hour shows that have ~22 episode seasons, and Person of Interest will only be getting 13 episodes in what will probably be it's final season. It really isn't that much.

I don't understand what you mean by 'Items that are no longer On TV you can delete the timers and then have more available to you'.

1) Shows that are no longer on the air have been removed from my series manager.

2) I'm only using 70 timers and have 30 more to go. I'm not complaining about the 100 series limit, but I think it's stupid.

3) Splitting up the recording between my wife and I is more of an organizational thing then anything else.

I'd like to see the option of putting a series on hiatus which could free up a spot without having to delete the series from the list.

Good idea, but that would probably slow them down even more. Too much thinking! :)

You have 4 adults living in the house ?
Kids don't count .... if your kids run the show then there other issues .... not saying don't record for kids but your priorities need work.

No, got 3 adults though. Still don't need 100.

I just added a dozen new major network shows that will preview in September. I managed to delete six shows that Futon had listed as being cancel, but I had to delete some actors from the 30s in order to squeeze the new shows.

Reactions: madmadworld
I just added a dozen new major network shows that will preview in September. I managed to delete six shows that Futon had listed as being cancel, but I had to delete some actors from the 30s in order to squeeze the new shows.
So your recording more than shows, your recording actors too .... If thats the case, I can see how that would take up more timers slots.

I'm getting by with 200 from 3 dvr's. but with all the 30s- 70s actors it's not as easy as i would like. with seasonal events, sports, and a just a few (<10) network shows etc.
heck my YouTube account gives me less trouble at this point.

I'm getting by with 200 from 3 dvr's. but with all the 30s- 70s actors it's not as easy as i would like. with seasonal events, sports, and a just a few (<10) network shows etc.
Amazing that you would ever be able to watch all that ...

The typical user, which is what they are designed for do about a tenth of this.

I have no ability to understand how someone can watch that much TV. Not an issue of lifestyle - I mean actually how. There isn't enough time in a year to watch all of that. 100 timers is more than enough for 99.999% of people.

Reactions: Jimbo
I have no ability to understand how someone can watch that much TV. Not an issue of lifestyle - I mean actually how. There isn't enough time in a year to watch all of that. 100 timers is more than enough for 99.999% of people.

You make it seem like every single one of these 100 timers occurs at least once a week. Outside of the garbage shown on network TV, most shows are on three or four months out of the year. Seven out of my 70 shows air on Showtime in-between the hours of 9-11 on Sunday nights. Not all of these shows start and end their seasons at the same time making it very easy to watch everything.

And I’m still waiting to find out which five of my 70 shows are no longer airing from another poster…

So your recording more than shows, your recording actors too .... If that's the case, I can see how that would take up more timers slots.

Yep, so far they haven't cripple the ability to record via director or actor.

I also need 2 other DVRs, each with a full SML to record other genre as my Genie is reserve for the major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, WB, UPN, FOX, PBS) + TNT & USA. All my SciFi & Science programs are on my bedroom DVR. And History & Military are on my den DVR.

Why so much - my health keeps me mostly confine to my home.

Yep, so far they haven't cripple the ability to record via director or actor.

I also need 2 other DVRs, each with a full SML to record other genre as my Genie is reserve for the major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, WB, UPN, FOX, PBS) + TNT & USA. All my SciFi & Science programs are on my bedroom DVR. And History & Military are on my den DVR.

Why so much - my health keeps me mostly confine to my home.

WB and UPN? haha I don't think so. Those channels haven't existed in many years...

I am still confused why switching out clients for DVR's is a bad idea if it is all integrated, and you get more timers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)