Are you Living on the Edge?

It would be great if DirecTV gave a credit on the bills of those that are willing to "risk" our boxes on beta software. If there is a risk that the software could lock up our boxes, cause us to lose our recordings or whatever else can go wrong, (which there is), it would be nice to see a credit even if it's small or a free PPV movie. Just something. Anything.

It would be different if D* forced the CE code onto your box, the decision to try a CE release is yours alone. The payback is being able to maybe see a new feature before anyone else besides your fellow CE testers. You also have the chance to provide feedback to D* on how you like the software and make recommendations for changes and new features. Some of the requests that I know D*'s taken and implemented are:

- 30 second slip and then changing it to 'slip' faster
- Storing the weather active applition zip code and my cities list across reboots
- Autocorrection for FF
- One button program guide (making the filter screen the second) via menu option
- User option for GUI animations on or off

Thats why I stopped posting over there even bugs. I am afraid I will say something wrong and get banned. I already got one demerit against me. Great living in fear isn't it?

Not sure what the problem is. I post at DBSTalk and here with no problems on either site. And I have been very vocal over the months about some issues. I guess it's all in how you approach it. ;)

Not sure what the problem is. I post at DBSTalk and here with no problems on either site. And I have been very vocal over the months about some issues. I guess it's all in how you approach it. ;)

You aren't a Mod on this site either, so they probably don't pay any attention to you over there.:D

Thats why I stopped posting over there even bugs. I am afraid I will say something wrong and get banned. I already got one demerit against me. Great living in fear isn't it?

I got one, too. I used the word "dick", referring to me, and I got a warning for language!

I asked someone to post pictures over here at sat guys if they wouldnt allow there and that sent the alarm bells off and I had my posts deleted. Then I questioned why my posts were getting deleted but because I did in the thread, I then had threatening PM's and points against me saying I would be banned. It was absolutely crazy. I flamed no one and was only guilty of mentioning this site and questioning deletes. But because that is against the rules, it got the response. After that I gave up on the site. I believe there are some good folks there and some good info, I just don't like how I was treated or how some things are run.

how do i sign up?

ok so this is the first i have heard of the CE program and i have been looking at the threads but there seems to be no definitive description of how to download/signup for CE. can someone please advise?

The CEs are only available for download during a short amount of time, usually on Friaday and Saturday nights from 11:00pm EST to 2ish. You then have to initiate a forced download during that window to get the CE. I just downloaded my first CE last weekend and I'm very happy with the new features. To force a download, I'll refer you to another post.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...w-force-download-cutting-edge-ce-release.html

And also, make sure you read and understand what you are getting into.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...read-first-cutting-edge-risks-guidelines.html

And DO NOT contact CSRs about problems with CEs.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...ing-csr-tier-regards-anything-ce-related.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)