Are you planning to upgrade to the iPhone 15

I know that selecting a case is a very personal choice and there is no shortage of various opinions, but never the less I’ll share mine.

First of all, I prefer lighter, minimalist cases, that don’t add much bulk. I know the protection they offer is very minimal, but I am very careful with my devices, so that’s adequate for my purposes.

I do prefer going with Apple accessories for the following reasons: good quality of materials and construction, minimalist style, which I like and guaranteed compatibility and perfect fit. While they usually cost more, they last long and rarely disappoint.

The new Apple FineWoven Case (with MagSafe) looked like a good choice. However, after reading so many negative reviews about how scratch-prone it is, I was not sure whether I should buy it.

Anyway, after much hesitation, I did get one of those, and so far (after a few days of using it) I am very happy I did! It fits perfectly, doesn’t add much bulk and feels great in my hand, way better than any silicone case. We’ll see how well it lasts and wears, I am sure it will accumulate some scratches overtime, but I do think some of those concerns in online reviews are largely exaggerated.

Just sharing my personal opinion, feel free to disagree though. :)

IMG_2577.jpeg

So far the battery on my 15 Pro seems the same as the 14 was. It does seem to be charging faster, as expected. I updated the kitchen outlet I use for charging from USB-A to USB-C. Leviton says it delivers up to 30W.

I switched to a clear Totallee case a few phones ago. Very lightweight and I found the edge of the case much less slippery than Apple's version was at the time.

Reactions: TheForce
Were you able to get the 15PM with 512GB? My memory says they were only selling the base model.

512GB Titanium Blue. I went to an AT&T corporate store on Tuesday to sort out my returns. They didn’t have any 15 Pro Max iPhones in stock, so they ordered one for me and said I should get it sometime next week. But it arrived next day on Wednesday!

Reactions: TheForce
I know that selecting a case is a very personal choice and there is no shortage of various opinions, but never the less I’ll share mine.

First of all, I prefer lighter, minimalist cases, that don’t add much bulk. I know the protection they offer is very minimal, but I am very careful with my devices, so that’s adequate for my purposes.

I do prefer going with Apple accessories for the following reasons: good quality of materials and construction, minimalist style, which I like and guaranteed compatibility and perfect fit. While they usually cost more, they last long and rarely disappoint.

The new Apple FineWoven Case (with MagSafe) looked like a good choice. However, after reading so many negative reviews about how scratch-prone it is, I was not sure whether I should buy it.

Anyway, after much hesitation, I did get one of those, and so far (after a few days of using it) I am very happy I did! It fits perfectly, doesn’t add much bulk and feels great in my hand, way better than any silicone case. We’ll see how well it lasts and wears, I am sure it will accumulate some scratches overtime, but I do think some of those concerns in online reviews are largely exaggerated.

Just sharing my personal opinion, feel free to disagree though. :)

View attachment 165727
I ordered the mag safe clear one from Apple and was not happy with it as the plastic was hard and slippery not just in my hand but also on any hard surface it easily slid around. I ordered another from Amazon that was advertised as a "no slip" design and it also came with customizable colored buttons. It was cheap and works great. I normally carry my iphone in a belt holster. The one for my 11PM works fine for my new 15PM.

Got a text offer from Verizon offering $830 trade in for my 12 128 GB for 15 128 GB. Went to Verizon store today and asked about it. Had to upgrade to the next level plan, add $6 a month (going forward) and I also asked if I could use the trade in toward a 15 Pro instead, yes but adds a device payment of $8 a month for 36 months ($288 total over base 15) so I went with the Pro. They quoted a date of 10/31 for phone to be delivered to my residence. Had to pay tax and upgrade fee today $96. According to salesman Pro has better camera than base 15, which I wanted because the camera on my 12 is pitiful when compared to my wife's Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Had to upgrade to the next level plan, add $6 a month (going forward) and I also asked if I could use the trade in toward a 15 Pro instead, yes but adds a device payment of $8 a month for 36 months ($288 total over base 15) so I went with the Pro.
You have to be very careful about the Verizon deals. The more spectacular they appear, the closer to the top package you must subscribe.

Reactions: david_jr
That's what I got! Very nice color!
Though it doesn't matter unless you have a transparent case.

Reactions: navychop
Colors of the Pro series should not be a problem as long as you keep it in a case. Reports that the colors easily scratch.

Do not get the clear case from Apple as it is very slippery. There is a better clear case with mag safe and optional colored buttons you can customize that I switched to that looks like the Apple one but doers not slide when on a hard table top or in the hand.

Amazon product ASIN B0CB5SD3WQ
View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB5SD3WQ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Reactions: navychop
iOS 17.0.3 has mostly fixed this issue for me. Occasionally the complication shows no data but much less then before that update.
Regarding the weather complication-- I fixed mine by selecting temperature for the the setting and keeping the precipitation as well. It now works just like I want it.
watch Ultra2 Face.jpg

Well, the setup and transfer of data, settings etc, went “well.”

I heartily recommend watching the below YT before making the move:

Jerry Schultze “how to set up a new iPhone 15 or 15 Pro and transfer your data!”

image.jpg

BTW, if you get to the part where you use the old phone to scan this revolving globe of dots on the new iPhone, and you Just Happen to touch the old screen while picking it up, and the scanning window vanishes - shut down your old iPhone and reboot while going back a couple screens on the new iPhone process. And be more careful when that scan screen reappears. <sheepish>

AND NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS!
I lost everything. By that, I mean all my open tabs in Safari and Google. Hundreds. I will now have to use my old iPhone to read, delete or reenter sites into the new iPhone.

BTW, don’t reset/clear your old iPhone to make it ready for trade or sale. If you do, you will need a BIG crying towel. WAIT until you have checked EVERYTHING. But you figured that one out….

Reactions: david_jr
Err, uhmmm. Whoops.

I thought it was done when all the apps appeared downloaded. Left to run errands. Looks like I might need to reconnect to Tesla. But I may have made a big mistake starting Satguys in Safari. Because when I got to my destination I had a notice to reconnect to WiFi to complete the restore 17+ GB to go.

I’ll report back. Just don’t make my mistake. Maybe let it go overnight. Before touching a browser.