Are you ready for some football? ESPN says...no

Status
Not open for further replies.
All MNF is doing by sitting him is drawing more attention to what he said and giving it MORE credibility. Maybe that is a good thing

dfergie said:
Yeah, watching Terra Nova instead ... free speech shouldn't be punished ;)

He was not punished....you cannot assume that saying something that will be viewed by many as derogetory and disguising as free speech, will generate a 'warm and fuzzy' feeling. With everything you say, there are consequences...good or bad.

Some will call it be PC but most will call it karma.

I highly suggest to the mods that this subject be closed simply because it is going farther away from sports and closer to the Old Pit.

This will hurt ESPN and won't hurt Hank at all. Most already knew his feelings.

Sent from the Planet Earth
The ratings won't be affected because his couple dozen fans decided not to watch the game. It won't hurt ESPN at all. As for Hank, it just furthers his political agenda and his possible U.S. Senate run in 2012.

Yeah, watching Terra Nova instead ... free speech shouldn't be punished ;)

By the government, no.
They are not infringing on that right though as far as I can tell.
If I dont want you saying or doing stuff on my personal property though, my rights also come into play.

Of course you obviously have the right to not watch as well.

The ratings won't be affected because his couple dozen fans decided not to watch the game. It won't hurt ESPN at all. As for Hank, it just furthers his political agenda and his possible U.S. Senate run in 2012.

I say it will hurt ESPN in this way, it makes them look petty. I watched the video. Hardly a big deal.

I wasn't trying to start a political thread in the sports arena. ESPN is pretty big on sports, as is Monday Night Football.

My point about PC is that ESPN has a very short fuse when it comes to controversy outside of sports. When it comes to the sports figures doing or saying anything controversial, as long as they perform on the field, ESPN couldn't care less. Vick and Big Ben come to mind.

As others pointed out...there were no headlines about the story until ESPN implemented their discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)