Are You Vooming Again On Dish Yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think I'm smart but help me Voom again

OK I've been so dissappointed at loosing VOOM. I switched off. No forum, no news. I've ha a couple of suspicious phone calls and two wierd letters but decided to ease my pain by drinking more and watching DVDs. Now I sign on and you're all talking Dish and Voomin again. What do I have to do? I have two Voom dishes and 4 receivers still working with OTA. Can I use them? What will it cost? Have you figured out what equipement I need? Why can't I use the dishes and point them somewhere else? Help I need another drink!

inkpump said:
OK I've been so dissappointed at loosing VOOM. I switched off. No forum, no news. I've ha a couple of suspicious phone calls and two wierd letters but decided to ease my pain by drinking more and watching DVDs. Now I sign on and you're all talking Dish and Voomin again. What do I have to do? I have two Voom dishes and 4 receivers still working with OTA. Can I use them? What will it cost? Have you figured out what equipement I need? Why can't I use the dishes and point them somewhere else? Help I need another drink!

Call Dish Network. That is where the 10 Voom channels are. 1-800-333-3474

Got my 811 rcvr today, called dish, and I am Voomin again.

I miss FamilyRoom and AuctionHD. Hopefully, they will be on soon.

Oh, btw, I am paying $14.95/mo. They did NOT charge me $100 setup or $5/mo for no-AT pkg.

I own my eqpt and told them no installer, I had a 61.5 and 11o dish already.

They said fine and activated me right on the spot.!

Unplugged the voom rcvr, plugged in all the a/v, component and optical, and it came right up. Then added the ota antenna, let the 811 find the channels, and they are there too.

One question....No guide data on OTA. Does the 811 do psip? And it might take a while to come in? Or am I sol for guide data on OTA?

I am Vooming again as of 6:30 PM today! I am waiting on my SW21s to add the 110 dish for the HDNets.

Voom was a satellite company

keno said:
Vooming? I really don't think people are "Vooming" on Dish. They're watching some of the exclusive Voom channels. Voom was a satellite company that carried a whole range of HD channels, including Starz east and West, TNT, and so much more (all for about $80 per month). Don't fool yourself. You're not Vooming. You're "Dishing" and watching some of the Voom channels.
Voom was a cable company that wanted to be a satellite company.

By the time E* made their intention to carry voOm's channels I had already had Comcast installed (Which is growing on me), and I waited to have it installed on the 29th hoping that some good news would come along regarding voOm. Oh well, Dish should have made their plans known sooner, otherwise they would most likely have my business :no . For right now, I'm going to stick with Comcast. I don't like the idea of having to setup another appointment to have strangers running around the inside and outside of my home all day long and putting more holes in my roof, going in and out of my attic and messing around with all the stuff in my wiring closet. This is not to say I won't ever give E* my business, but for right now I'm satisfied enough just knowing voOm's HD content is alive and well, which is great for competition in this market.

Hey, so far so good. Lots of folks are Voomin' and only 1 troll so far. I feel like I'm home when I hear the VOOM theme...."What we got...."

I had about a 40 minute interruption from 12:00 a.m. to 12:40 a.m. on Black Sunday and I was once again voomin on Dish.

voomvoom said:
Voom was a cable company that wanted to be a satellite company.

No, Voom was an excellent satellite company that offered more than 21 "exclusive" channels. Besides Rave, Rush and Equator (the only "exclusive" channels of any merit, but how many times can you watch "Eye Over Italy" without going crazy), there were others, like Universal HD, TNT-HD, Starz east and west, and much more. They had helpful CSRs. The price was reasonable. I'm very sorry to see Voom go under. I'm not really insterested in "dishing" and paying outlan"dish" prices to watch a few Voom channels. Dish is what my father watches. Yes, Virginia, there was a satellite company called Voom.

keno said:
I'm not really insterested in "dishing" and paying outlan"dish" prices to watch a few Voom channels. Dish is what my father watches.
"Outlandish?". Gee, I pay $33/month and have the DishHD Pack, Voom10 and the Showtime Movie package. Along with my 7 HD OTA channels, I have 24 HD channels and more material than I could possibly watch. :D

I almost agree with you ;)

I don't miss the 10 movie exclusives. Most that stuff I didn't watch anyway. If Dish wants to only have 2 Voom movie channels and rotate the movies more often, your 942 can record it. Isn't that really a better use of bandwidth?? What I would like to see added is Universal HD, TNT-HD and the Stars channels added.

keno said:
No, Voom was an excellent satellite company that offered more than 21 "exclusive" channels. Besides Rave, Rush and Equator (the only "exclusive" channels of any merit, but how many times can you watch "Eye Over Italy" without going crazy), there were others, like Universal HD, TNT-HD, Starz east and west, and much more. They had helpful CSRs. The price was reasonable. I'm very sorry to see Voom go under. I'm not really insterested in "dishing" and paying outlan"dish" prices to watch a few Voom channels. Dish is what my father watches. Yes, Virginia, there was a satellite company called Voom.

Hello..........JimP. My Dish HAS TNT-HD. How did they exclude you?

Would also like to see Wealth HD & Universal HD....and of course the missing VOOM 11.

seandudley said:
I really miss Universal-HD, Starz-HD, TMC-HD, Cinemax-HD and Playboy Hot-HD. Come on Dish, pick these up for us :yes .
Those would go to the general E* population, so I'd expect that E* wants them on the core satellites (110/119). Probably not before MPEG-4 is implemented.

riffjim4069 said:
Install scheduled for today between the hours of 12-5pm....confirmation call received yesterday...nervously tapping foot while gazing toward 61.5.

I know how you feel. My install is set for Saturday. My 942 arrived yesterday (oooh! shiny!) and I'm trying to set an install for tomorrow morning instead...

CDH.

My 942 arrived yesterday to. Couldn't wait so hooked it to existing antennas, I was surprised when it found, and locked onto, the 61.5 sat. I get the HD demo channel from it and some other foreign channels. I also scanned for local digital stations and found 7. If the rest of the HD looks as good as the demo I will be happy.

Am I Voomin again on Dish yet? No, I am not Voomin on Dish, and I may keep it this way, depending on what happens with the Voom21 and other new HD offerings by other providers.

Voom dbs was my first experience with satellite and any kind of premium service beyond basic analog cable. I was always curious about premium channels, so we bought the HDTV and got VaVaVoom. But the reality, despite all the HD on VaVaVoom, we found almost no movies we wanted to watch on the premium channels, so I would never subscribe to premium channels again. We could care less about TV networks or sports (no OTA here anyway) and the TV goes off before we will waste time with TV commercials or SD.

The only real positives on Voom for us were GalleryHD, EquatorHD, WorldCinema, FilmFest, and DiscoveryHD. If a service ever comes out with a lot of quality channels with this kind of commercial-free HD content, I AM THERE! Oherwise, I would just as soon use the TV only for video rentals -- especially when HD DVDs become available.

I am sorry we never got the experience of having a DVR. Maybe someday.

Voom, you were a great experience for us! Sorry you ended! But we would have cut back to standard Voom from VaVaVoom anyway.

Our house will always wear our dead Voom dish proudly!

seandudley said:
I really miss Universal-HD, Starz-HD, TMC-HD, Cinemax-HD and Playboy Hot-HD. Come on Dish, pick these up for us :yes .
I agree Sean. I'd love to see UHD & TMC-HD get picked up. Please don't faint, guys, but yes, I ordered the Showtime Movie pack and I must say, I am quite impressed with the SD channels. :D It's great that almost all movies on ShowHD are HD and OAR. :yes

I'm reaching for the smelling salts as I type, DarrellP!! :D ;) :D Is there a doctor in the house? :confused: :confused: (Not for me... for DarrellP!). Seriously, though, glad to hear you're enjoying :)...so much so that it makes me think about reconsidering Dish...just need to try to get past the CS issues...still thinking...but I'll probably stick with OTA, Netflix, and martyrdom for several more months... :( :confused:

I'm with 1080iBeVuMin on one thing for sure, the VoOm dish will always fly proudly at my house...in fact, I'm thinking about moving it to where you can see it better from the street...it's a little bit of satisfaction in knowing I got to see the future, where many did not. :) :( :river

Vicki

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)