Article in HT Mag about the 3 big Satellite Providers

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I received my September issue of HT magizine and there was an article about the three satellite companies (Voom, Direct TV, and Dish). I thought the article was pretty fair and didn't really trash any company. Did anyone else see or read the article?

Yes I did and it was good and fair and Voom did well, but low and behold the same sh*t everyone on here is complaing about happened to the author in the HT mag.. no OTA reception/installer not showing up for appointment/ all around shity customer service as usual.. I get a kick out of pople when they post on here about it is only a few who are having the problems not the majority "YEAH RIGHT".. I want Voom to be huge but you have to have good customer service and they need a lot of work for that to happen.. Cya Slick

But their comment about VOOM's CSR was not good,CSR is important to a lot of people,specially the lazy or incompetent ones that can't do anything on their own.The picture at the begining of the article shows someone(excuse me,Darryl) that tried to do a dish install and can't.Do you think he can read a compass?My son (15)helped a friends father install a D* dish,he did the whole thing tilt-direction-and elevation(of course he's seen myself and friends in the neighborhood do installs)It's sort of like being at a store and seeing someone that is totally confused and just can't seem understand---I always worry---my wife once asked me why---my reply was---They drove here

I may be a jack of all trades and a master of none, but when it comes right down to it most people cant do many things around there house let alone install a dish or a OTA antenna.. Our society wants plug and play and I cant blame them for that because you are payng for this service and it should be working right all the time and right away..

I really want to buy Voom stock but right now there overpriced and I need to see the things I know make a company great before I invest my money.. Cya Slick

With comments about billing overcharges-charges after service is cancled,CSR,poor image quality(D*and E* also have this problem but very-very rare) botched installs,missed installs,dead stb's,buggy software,low quailty equipement,I think it will be sometime before they are worth anything if ever.

What VOOM stock are you talking about, slick?
Cablevision (CVC) which is about to spin off VOOM? If you were talking about Cablevision closed today at $18.16 which is pretty close to a 12-month low.
It was close to $30 near the beginning of the year.

fredfa said:
What VOOM stock are you talking about, slick?
Cablevision (CVC) which is about to spin off VOOM? If you were talking about Cablevision closed today at $18.16 which is pretty close to a 12-month low.
It was close to $30 near the beginning of the year.
I believe Slick is implying that the service is overpriced. I think most know that Voom hasnt spun off yet and therefore has no stock to buy yet. But the cable vision stock being down to $18.16 makes it an excellent buy opportunity :D

Hey guys there it shows that I have not been watching the stock like I used to be, the question I have is once they spin off Voom then does your stock stay with CVC and not Voom correct.. Any of you guys have a simple explenation on this? Do you think the price of Voom will be high when the spin off Voom? Cya Slick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)