This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

As expected, Cubs beat the White Sox to the punch to talk to Theo Epstein

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I had already heard rumors that the White Sox were interested in Theo. But as soon as that was public, I knew the Cubs were not too far behind.

Chicago Cubs ask Boston Red Sox for permission to talk to Theo Epstein, report says - ESPN Chicago

I heard this too .... makes me think that the ChiSox are not interested.

I would like to see the Cubs with a GM and Manager that knows whats going on.

I had heard that Francona could go as a package with Theo.

I heard this too .... makes me think that the ChiSox are not interested.

I would like to see the Cubs with a GM and Manager that knows whats going on.

I had heard that Francona could go as a package with Theo.

I heard that as well.

We shall see. IF the Red Sox allow Epstein to interview with anyone, then they wanted to get rid of both and they have their "fall guys".

I listened to Silvy & Waddle today (XM 210) and have read both Chicago papers online and have not seen nor heard any mention of the White Sox having any interest in Epstein. Even though it's a dumb move, I think the Sox are going on the cheap for a manager. & it will probably be Dave Martinez.

That's why I mentioned it because the only reports I read were that Williams has begun the process to replace Guillen...

No package deal after all. My media sources tell me Robin Ventura was named manager.

Sandra

Jimbo said:
Good move for the Lovable Cubs, provided they bring in a capable manager (Franconna anyone ?) ....
And empty the roster and start over.

Could be... I had also heard that they might have interest in LaRussa since his contract either expires or has an option.

Could be... I had also heard that they might have interest in LaRussa since his contract either expires or has an option.

I find that VERY interesting ....

Think about it, Theo in Chicago, brings in a veteran LaRussa, who now brings a FA Pujouls (sp) with him !

This is something that Mark Cuban would definitely try to do.

Jimbo said:
I find that VERY interesting ....

Think about it, Theo in Chicago, brings in a veteran LaRussa, who now brings a FA Pujouls (sp) with him !

This is something that Mark Cuban would definitely try to do.

Yep.

Never believe anything you hear when someone exits the Red Sox, it's cover your own ass for everyone involved, you will never get the truth.

I believe he had more control than what you think. He gets a lot of credit for 2004 and 2007, however he was not solely involved in those. In 2004 the core that won that WS was already in tact. He did make the Nomar trade and he was responsible for getting Shilling to Boston,that was a catalyst for the title. In 2007 he was in a gorilla suit when the Beckett/Lowell trade was made.

Didn't hear it from a someone that use to be in the organization. More like someone that knows a few things.