ASC-1 locking up when restoring from backup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shicks4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2015
Kansas
I recently did some tweeking to the position of my actuator arm to allow me to access more of the eastern end of the arc and sat down today to import the data and add the satellite names and send them back to the asc-1. I have already downloaded the updated loader software and updated the firmware when i initially set the asc-1 up and had done this process once before. Now when i try to send the information back to the asc-1 the asc-1 locks up when trying to send the information. I have read and re-read the manual and am making sure that i switch the master power off after downloading the list to my laptop and do a 5 count before switching it back on. after i make whatever changes i and save the file have tried several combinations of closing the editor and reopening the program and selecting my list from a saved file and sending, or re downloading the list from the device, switching the master power off, making changes, saving to file and just clicking send to device. It locks up no matter what. could this be an issue with the usb cable, my laptop having an issue? other then that the asc-1 works as it should moving to whatever saved position i select with the receiver. Thanks in advance for any help.

I had a similar problem not to long ago due to a power flicker. I tried to upload the sat list I made and it would lock up. Installed the original from Brians site and it worked fine, uploaded my file again and all is well now. Not sure what got corrupted but after putting the original on I could load mine again.

Are you able to download the satellite list from the ASC1, but not able to upload the satellite list file back to the ASC1 (Send to Device)? If so, the file may have been corrupted in the editing.

Are you editing the file with the editor or using a text/Excel/Open Office? Are any of the satellite names longer than 14 characters (inclusive of spaces)? Can you load one of the satellite files from our online files as Comptech suggested? Using the RS232/RS232 serial cable or the USB to serial converter? Change any settings in the serial port or set to default?

Are you able to download the satellite list from the ASC1, but not able to upload the satellite list file back to the ASC1 (Send to Device)? If so, the file may have been corrupted in the editing.

Are you editing the file with the editor or using a text/Excel/Open Office? Are any of the satellite names longer than 14 characters (inclusive of spaces)? Can you load one of the satellite files from our online files as Comptech suggested? Using the RS232/RS232 serial cable or the USB to serial converter? Change any settings in the serial port or set to default?
Ill try the north american list from your site tomorrow. I was just adding the names of the satellites with the editor software as it was pretty nice knowing what position it was in by just looking at the asc-1. I am using the usb to serial converter. I was able to do this after i first received the asc-1 and it worked great. I tried to do it after I added 3 satellite positions on the east end of the arc and did a complete reset and just started on the east end of the arc and moved west saving positions until i reached the west end of the arc. I then imported the data onto my laptop, did a master power reset, edited the names with the v2.0 software and saved the changes. then when i tried to save it back it locked up the asc-1. As i said ill download the list off the website and try that seems like the next logical step. I could have made the names too big but i dont have my laptop here to double check, but i was trying to make them kinda simple like 101w SES1C 101w SES1 for the c and ku positions saved. Was also starting from scratch with a linkbox 9000i local reciver too and found and saved positions with that and put the x2 box as a reserve receiver as it did some funky stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)