Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chewie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
California
Hello Guys
I finally trying to set up my ASC1 replacement unit that Brian gave us, I uploaded SW Ver. 20140903v1. I used loader 1.6 to upload the SW and is in there .
I do not have the ASC1 connected to the dish, I downloaded Loader 1.8, when i try t run the program it gives me this message " Cannot load library QtSerialPort.dll"
I try to upload the Sat list with loader 1.6 and apparently it load it up, but when a got to Satellite set it displays a number and I can change the number but there in no sat name.
According to what I read this version of software 20140903v1, I have to use the Loader 1.8 but is not working.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Regards.
Tunder

Did you place Loader /Editor 1.8 in the same folder as a legacy loader / editor that has the many .dll (library files)? If so, that is the problem. 1.8 must not be installed in the same folder as the legacy files. If it is in a separate folder, then your Win library is not up to date.

What WIN OS?

Did you place Loader /Editor 1.8 in the same folder as a legacy loader / editor that has the many .dll (library files)? If so, that is the problem. 1.8 must not be installed in the same folder as the legacy files. If it is in a separate folder, then your Win library is not up to date.

What WIN OS?
Hello Brian
I put in the folder what came with the 1.8 loader,there was only the loader 1.8 and the ASC1 loader/editor- Release notes, this legacy loader / editor that has the many .dll (library, there is none in the folder, are these files the same as for the 1.6 loader. there is 2 of the .dll with this loader.
Let me know or where can I get these files.
I have WIN 7 in my computer.
Regards.
Tunder

1.8 does not require the .dll individual library files that were provided with previous versions. 1.8 should be in a separate folder without .dll files.

The necessary library files are compiled with 1.8 and use the default WINXP/7 library files. If WIN7 is up to date, 1.8 should launch without any additional libraries.

Maybe try restarting the PC then launching 1.8?

What is the com port? On board RS-232 serial? PCI RS-232 serial? USB/Serial converter?

1.8 does not require the .dll individual library files that were provided with previous versions. 1.8 should be in a separate folder without .dll files.

The necessary library files are compiled with 1.8 and use the default WINXP/7 library files. If WIN7 is up to date, 1.8 should launch without any additional libraries.

Maybe try restarting the PC then launching 1.8?

What is the com port? On board RS-232 serial? PCI RS-232 serial? USB/Serial converter?

I try my laptop computer and it did not had any problems with 1.8, The sat file was loaded with no issues and is ready to rock .
something must be missing from from my desk top computer.
Thanks for you help.
Regards.
Tunder

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)