ASC1 Black Friday Special WOW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rick522

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
I felt like i was standing in line on Black Friday . I Goggled Titanium and towards the bottom of the page was a post from SATillite-GUYS Product release 155.00 I immediately went click briefly scanned the DEAL then i went to the product page and registered to order. Much to my dismay the dreaded coupon code did not work . Went back to the announcement page to see it starts the 29th . So I put one in my shopping basket and calculated the Tax and shipping 14 pounds. Then i took off the 40.00 savings and i end up with the bottom line price $202.00 that's 15.00 Tax and 2.30 a pound shipping 33.00 bucks Fed Ex lowest price. Whew that really made me think shipping is killing the economy 48 bucks to pay the state tax and delivery company. Isn't that about 1/4 of the bottom line price 4x48= 192.00 . Ouch --- Happy Black Friday Im just Sayin that stinks makes people want to buy local to avoid shipping and postal mishandling fees. Yes i pay for the postal service for abusing my packages. My delivery drivers often give me big sad eyes handing me my package with a red stamp stating "arrived damaged". Its not there fault nor is it specified where it got damaged. But here take it off my hands it rattles a little but i think it will be ok..most of the box is in tact. only one little dent. I prefer my delicate electronics drop kicked i mean drop shipped. I might seem unappreciative of a 40 dollar savings It would suck more at full price $242.42 for a dish mover with polarity control. I can buy alot of old analog IRDs that do the same thing and can change the names of satellites to current names and orbital locations. I paid 29.00 and free shipping and no tax on Ebay for my last one. Why should i pay 33 dollars for delivery ? I am not challenging Titianum's marketing choices but rather asking by pointing out the obvious disparity in price from old analog gear as compared to shinny new product. Both do the same job. I even have an analog receiver that has a smart memory card to save the database or transfer to another identical unit. easy programming ,saved database, dual axis motor control. What more could i ask for? Energy savings ? Those old analog receivers use alot of juice and if you unplug them they often loose their memory. Can you say the new ASC1 Box will save energy cost? Can you unplug it and still retain the memory? I am looking for a reason to spend that kind of money to replace what I already have. I am aware I can not buy new IRDs I guess we are relegated to un-integrated Receiver DEScrambler . UIRD (copyright 2013 unknown assassin) .
And while your explaining stuff who killed the Big Dish Market ?
While i applaud Titanium efforts to bring a new product to market ,i am skeptical of the benefits in this expensive economy . This is an open invitation to SELL ME on it.

While i applaud Titanium efforts to bring a new product to market ,i am skeptical of the benefits in this expensive economy . This is an open invitation to SELL ME on it.

Dude.... Punctuate... relax... Step away from the keyboard and get some sleep! :D

Nothing wrong with going "Old School". But even a simple channel change is a multi-step operation! Maybe the ASC1 isn't for you?

Yes, there is always a cheaper and a harder way to do anything! Those of us who want the awesome performance of a mechanical skew system have had to give up on the convenience of automatic features of single receiver control.

If you are content with using two receivers each time you want to watch a channel or scan each polarity, of a satellite then your solution is perfect!

Personally, I want any DVBS or S2 STB to automatically control my dish position and polarity anytime I change a channel or scan a satellite!

I am tired of having to select a channel on my DVBS/S2 receiver, then have to pick up another remote to move the dish and select the right polarity.

I am tired of not being able to automatically scan even one satellite.

Analog receivers are manual interfaces that do not interface between modern receivers and the dish to allow complete automatic control.

Explain how you perform an automatic single satellite scan of both polarities with a Corotor feedhorn. You can't! You must manually change polarities and scan separately.

Explain how you perform an automatic multiple satellite scan of both polarities with a Corotor feedhorn. You can't! You must manually change satellites and scan then change polarities and scan each separately.

Explain how you perform an automatic channel change between two satellites or even two polarities with a Corotor type system. You can't! You must manually change satellites and select the correct polarity.

Hopefully a mod will move this to the product announcement thread or start a new thread where we can carry on with this conversation?

Happy Thanksgiving! :D

Nomatterhowhardyoutryyoucan'tmakeeveryonehappynowcanyouitstoobadIwasthinkingthisthreadshouldbemovedtotherantsnravesectionortheFTAshacksection

Nomatterhowhardyoutryyoucan'tmakeeveryonehappynowcanyouitstoobadIwasthinkingthisthreadshouldbemovedtotherantsnravesectionortheFTAshacksection

I bet that was hard to type...I've done that before also, to make a point and it's hard to keep from hitting that space bar.

I felt like i was standing in line on Black Friday . I Goggled Titanium and towards the bottom of the page was a post from SATillite-GUYS Product release 155.00 I immediately went click briefly scanned the DEAL then i went to the product page and registered to order. Much to my dismay the dreaded coupon code did not work . Went back to the announcement page to see it starts the 29th . So I put one in my shopping basket and calculated the Tax and shipping 14 pounds. Then i took off the 40.00 savings and i end up with the bottom line price $202.00 that's 15.00 Tax and 2.30 a pound shipping 33.00 bucks Fed Ex lowest price. Whew that really made me think shipping is killing the economy 48 bucks to pay the state tax and delivery company. Isn't that about 1/4 of the bottom line price 4x48= 192.00 . Ouch --- Happy Black Friday Im just Sayin that stinks makes people want to buy local to avoid shipping and postal mishandling fees. Yes i pay for the postal service for abusing my packages. My delivery drivers often give me big sad eyes handing me my package with a red stamp stating "arrived damaged". Its not there fault nor is it specified where it got damaged. But here take it off my hands it rattles a little but i think it will be ok..most of the box is in tact. only one little dent. I prefer my delicate electronics drop kicked i mean drop shipped. I might seem unappreciative of a 40 dollar savings It would suck more at full price $242.42 for a dish mover with polarity control. I can buy alot of old analog IRDs that do the same thing and can change the names of satellites to current names and orbital locations. I paid 29.00 and free shipping and no tax on Ebay for my last one. Why should i pay 33 dollars for delivery ? I am not challenging Titianum's marketing choices but rather asking by pointing out the obvious disparity in price from old analog gear as compared to shinny new product. Both do the same job. I even have an analog receiver that has a smart memory card to save the database or transfer to another identical unit. easy programming ,saved database, dual axis motor control. What more could i ask for? Energy savings ? Those old analog receivers use alot of juice and if you unplug them they often loose their memory. Can you say the new ASC1 Box will save energy cost? Can you unplug it and still retain the memory? I am looking for a reason to spend that kind of money to replace what I already have. I am aware I can not buy new IRDs I guess we are relegated to un-integrated Receiver DEScrambler . UIRD (copyright 2013 unknown assassin) .

Did you type all that with one breath of air, or did you hold your breath a little too long BEFORE you posted it?

I think my "eyes" are bleeding now... :wacko:

Last edited:
Seems like there was an almost identical rant from someone when the MicroHD came out... I'm disappointed with the new car prices but so far, not ONE salesman has been to my house to force my signature on a contract!

Last edited:
Seems like there was an almost identical rant from someone when the MicroHD came out...
Seems to be the new pattern here - at least to me...... something new comes out, and a few people "just-short-of bash" it for one reason or another, but usually follows the "this is how it should work, 'cause my old one used to do it that way". Never giving any of the suggestions a try, 'cause it should "work a certain way" out of the box. And there is usually a reference to another unit that most members here do not use.
Again, just how I see it.

My old receiver/dish mover works yet... for the time being... and I am very glad to see a NEW product being offered to replace it. I'll likely be ordering one soon with the sale pricing because I know I will need it eventually. Most impressive to see is someone willing to take a chance in a very limited market to offer a new quality product. There is certainly a lot of risk involved with this sort of enterprise, and seeing someone with a history in FTA satellite coming out with a new product, any new product, must see a market viable enough to take that risk.
This is a fun hobby; thanks to Titanium Satellite, and all the other manufacturers/retailers, for supporting us FTAers!
-C.

Looks like a great product to me. Maybe as soon as the leaves on my money tree come back in the Spring I will consider one. Would like to have one. As for shipping costs, blame that on the oil companies that rip us all the time. Also on shipping the poster must have a "bad" area for shipping. In 52 years of ordering items that were shipped, I have had two that were damaged. Good job for the shippers IMHO.
Maybe too much>:coffee
RT

Shipped over 5000 packages last year and had less than 10 claims. I don't just slap a shipping label on a giftbox. If product is properly prepared and protected, damage is rare. BTW, that included dishes!

Here are a few renderings from the process of developing the ASC1 packaging....

Giftbox packaging 4.JPGEPE packaging 2.JPGGiftbox packaging 1.JPGcarton2.jpg

Single units will be packaged in 14 x 12 x 8 shipping boxes with filler material to further protect the product and giftbox. Yes, I get involved down to the minute details! :cool:

"Explain how you perform an automatic single satellite scan of both polarities with a Corotor feedhorn. You can't! You must manually change polarities and scan separately"

no big deal at scan 50 % you flip to the opposite polarity. I agree the asc1 will make that much easier,and using a brand new remote that works every time when pushed is a big selling point for me personaly.

Explain how to multi-sat scan ? You are right,a good point that you cant change sats fast enough. You might have discussed the timings involved waiting for positioner to get to the right sat before the scan takes place.

My apologies if i asked too many questions without adequate, correct punctuation. If i were allowed to i would amend my post.

Ranting about Tax, postage and handling was unproductive. As a result Titianum had an opportunity to post about how he is involved even with the packaging details. We got some pix how excellent packaged they will be .

I asked 2 direct questions 1.Will it save any energy ? 2.Will it retain data when unplugged from the wall.?

The ASC1 appears to be a great step forward to automate the positioning and polarity. I have nothing but encouragement for new products in this small market. If this is a good product the hard questions should help sell.

I took that recommended Breath ,relaxed ,got some sleep .

I looked at all the reply's-comments and concluded:
Nice friendly responses at this site.
Thanks for all the false accusations.! You might wonder why a guy like me joined here in 2006 then made very few posts . I can be insulted in much better places than this...Your Rude self justifying snobs

You forgot one.

Nice friendly responses at this site.Thanks for all the false accusations.! You might wonder why a guy like me joined here in 2006 then made very few posts . I can be insulted in much better places than this...Your Rude self justifying snobs
Dude, re-read your post.

ASC1 Specifications:
AC Voltage In:115/230Vac, 50/60hz - User Setting
Current in Operation: 600 ? 1200mA @ 115Vac
340 ? 640mA @ 230Vac
Current in Standby: 270mA @ 115Vac / 120mA @ 220Vac
Will this save energy when compared to your current system?

All memory is saved to internal memory and will be retained even if the unit is removed from power. The only ways to remove a setting is to manually delete, store a new position or perform a master reset.

Since you are content with manual control of your dish and polarity, you are unlikely to benefit from purchasing an ASC1. We are an option and here to support the hobbyist and grow the hobby through new innovative products and exceptional support!

Sorry that you feel that we have been rude. You need to realize that your original post came across as a troll and rant since you originally attached it to an introductory sales offer.

I love to participate in other forums. In most, I am welcome. There are open ASC1 discussion threads at the FridgeFTA and LegalFreeToAir forums and several European satellite forums. Please feel free to jump into ASC1 discussions at any of these other forums with your questions.

Merry Christmas!

I bought one!!!

Shipped over 5000 packages last year and had less than 10 claims. I don't just slap a shipping label on a giftbox. If product is properly prepared and protected, damage is rare. BTW, that included dishes!

Here are a few renderings from the process of developing the ASC1 packaging....

View attachment 93086View attachment 93087View attachment 93088View attachment 93089

Single units will be packaged in 14 x 12 x 8 shipping boxes with filler material to further protect the product and giftbox. Yes, I get involved down to the minute details! :cool:

You convinced me Brian!!! I ordered one yesterday and hope to get one of the first ones shipped.

I spent many years in charge of our electronic product design department and I really like the unit:

Best Features: 1) nice appearance 2) programmable 3) slow (ramped) stop and start 4) Full power output for heavy duty actuators 5) Quality binding strip (guess who doesn't) 6) Nice Software furnished 7) 4 line display is really nice and gives useful info at a glance 8) Nice remote 9) etc....
Possible Improvements: 1) It is larger & heavier than necessary for desk space & shipping costs 2) No apple software (no pc stuff here) 3) Hope 450ma will power 4 lnb's at 18v 4) hope will power two polarators in parallel where one used for c and one used for ku.

Wonderful to see new well designed and well though out products in the free to air segment with excellent support. Keep up the good work!!!

I'm going to be working on a Linux version of the loader software, I have mac's as well so I'll confirm it'll work on there as well. I dont see why it wouldnt

UDL

Possible Improvements: 1) It is larger & heavier than necessary for desk space & shipping costs 2) No apple software (no pc stuff here) 3) Hope 450ma will power 4 lnb's at 18v 4) hope will power two polarators in parallel where one used for c and one used for ku.

Thank you for the order and the feedback!

1. When the PCB testing was complete, the factory sent a sample in a plastic case that looked like a V-Box or G-Box. I said... Are you kidding me? We discussed other options and tested a cast housing then I fell in love with this machined aluminum case. Yes, the case may be overkill, but it won't be easily damaged or be pulled off of a shelf by the weight of the cables.... :D Can you imagine a 1/2 height matching unit Android STB with 4:4:2.... hmmmmm..... Wait until you see it and pick it up b4 you decide if it is too much!

2. Thank you UpdateLee for your generous offer! Mac Loader/ Editor will be great!

3. Depends on the types of LNBs. 450mA should be more than adequate for most systems. Depending on your system layout, you could also use the receiver's power in addition to the ASC1. This would provide 900mA.

4. 550mA current on the polorotor control circuit!

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one would like to accessorize my new ASCI with a new STB :)D Can you imagine a 1/2 height matching unit Android STB with 4:4:2....)[h=1][/h]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)