Titanium Satellite ASC1 Suddenly Stopped Working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

This evening I attempted to move from one satellite to another only to find my dish wouldn’t move in either direction.
Earlier in the day all was fine.
The screen lights up and using the remote, I can go thru all the menu options. When I try to move the dish east or west there is nothing from the ASC1, not even a relay click. There is also no error message.
I tried doing a soft reset and then later, a global reset, neither helped.
Any ideas what the issue may be ??
Thanks in advance.

John

Hi All,

This evening I attempted to move from one satellite to another only to find my dish wouldn’t move in either direction.
Earlier in the day all was fine.
The screen lights up and using the remote, I can go thru all the menu options. When I try to move the dish east or west there is nothing from the ASC1, not even a relay click. There is also no error message.
I tried doing a soft reset and then later, a global reset, neither helped.
Any ideas what the issue may be ??
Thanks in advance.

John
Disconnect the motor power wires from the back of the ASC-1, and try a move again to listen for the relay click. Though perhaps one of the relays flash-burned the contacts together and stuck. If that's so, tapping on them with a screwdriver handle might knock it loose again.

Reactions: JFOK
primestar31,

Just before leaving for work, I unplugged the ASC1.
Upon my return a short while ago, I plugged it back in and to my surprise, it started working as it should. Full movement east and west. Don’t know how it reset itself, but happy it did.
Now I have to reprogram all the satellite locations back in.
Thanks again for your suggestion and response.

John

As a general rule of thumb, when anyone has a problem with any electronic device - before you attempt changing anything via the remote or menu, unplug it first and let it sit for a spell. Then if that doesn't fix it you can start looking elsewhere but your first approach should not be to start changing settings.

Radioguy41,

Thats an old fashioned approach that has some presidence and it worked in my case. I had unplugged it for an hour or so and when that didn’t work, I delved into the settings.
Thanks for your reply.

John