Ascension On Syfy

Not as big a drop-off as I expected for Tuesday night, 1.3 million. Still a big loss for a mini-series/pilot. I probably won't get to tonight's episode until tomorrow.

If it is a pilot and there is no ending to wrap this show up after this 3 night event I will be pissed. This show is really veering off from it's original premise to weird places like ESP .

Reactions: Bodo Fenrirsson
If it is a pilot and there is no ending to wrap this show up after this 3 night event I will be pissed. This show is really veering off from it's original premise to weird places like ESP .
A three episode mini-series with a cliff hanger. I guess they don't understand the concept of a telenovela. First I was led to believe this was a new series,then it turned into a "mini-series,which has a beginning & an ending. I looked at the clock when this "final" episode was wrapping up & I thought,"they're running out of time to bring this to resolution." I can't wait to hear Syfy's reasoning for the ending.

Maybe I'm being harsh but,Battlestar Galactica was one thing. It had name recognition & also started out as a mini-series. Right now though,Ascension is nothing more than 6 hours of my life I'll never get back. Did I miss some articles or "spoilers" telling me what Ascension was truly about? The only reason I knew that Ascension wasn't really in space before watching the first episode was because I set my DVR for the third showing of the first episode Monday night with the DVD set to record 1 minute before the episode began & what do you think was the first thing I saw when I hit play?

Well, all I can say is, what a disappointment. The dialogue/script was often laughable and the acting, anemic. Some real casting mistakes. Had to force myself to watch to the end. Good twist, though. From reviews I've read, it doesn't get any better.
I wasn't able to watch it to the end, not enough force to watch it.

I watched the entire thing and I can and will say WTF. (SPOILERS to follow),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We never have any sort of clue or hints of what they were looking for with the evolution of mankind, and then in the last 30 seconds a dude gets "Transported" to a distant planet, by himself, where is the other guy. WHAT A STUPID ending.

I watched the entire thing and I can and will say WTF. (SPOILERS to follow),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We never have any sort of clue or hints of what they were looking for with the evolution of mankind, and then in the last 30 seconds a dude gets "Transported" to a distant planet, by himself, where is the other guy. WHAT A STUPID ending.

Just finished watching part three myself. I'm guessing they are suggesting the girl can transport the entire ship. That would be the next step in the series. I doubt it will be made.

OK, was that really Helfer coming out of the pool or a body double? :whoo

It was stupid of them to make a mini-series without a conclusion when there's no guarantee of either a follow up mini-series or full series. I bet Syfy pi$$ed off a lot of people who feel like that was 6 hours of their lives that they'll never get back.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I watched the last episode on my I-pad last night at work, that I had transferred from my hopper and wouldn't you know it, that it cut off the last few minutes of the show. So I looked for it on Syfy video on demand when I got home and downloaded it late last night. This morning I wanted to fast forward to the last few minutes I missed and there was a message that Fast forward and Rewind aren't available on this video on demand. So I guess I will have to watch it all over again to see what I missed at the ending.

Part three up to 1.5 million viewers. Only Syfy knows it that is enough to justify making more. I did read they were hoping for more as the set cost a fortune to make.

Part three up to 1.5 million viewers. Only Syfy knows it that is enough to justify making more. I did read they were hoping for more as the set cost a fortune to make.

I bet it did cost a fortune! I'm hoping the viewer count was enough to get a series out of it. Lots of room to expand the story line imo.

It only did a .5, 18-49. That will not cut it for an original, scripted hour long series, especially since it would probably drop even more.

Last edited:
I hope that I can post this here,because it appropriately describes what we are feeling about this show:
Ascension Ends With A Final Supreme Moment Of WTF
http://io9.com/ascension-ends-with-a-final-supreme-moment-of-wtf-1672944818

From the comments section
I have to say, I felt the show was OK for most of it, but that ending just seems like the writers were writing and writing then one of them said, "hey, we are out of time. Who's got an ending?" Then one said, "so this kid zaps people to other galaxies with eye lightning!" I mean, it all seemed so abrupt and meaningless. What the heck was the source of the girl's abilities? Where was the galaxy? Why is it supposed to be a good thing that the poor officer was zapped there with no supplies, no water, no clothing. Where'd the guy he was fighting go? Why was this girl's ability something that was going to "save humanity"? Little of it made much sense in the end.

I admit,I'm frustrated that there is no news as to what are Syfy's plans for this show now that the mini-series has ended with a cliff-hanger. The longer Syfy goes without a response,the more I feel like I just wasted 6 hours of my life.

I admit,I'm frustrated that there is no news as to what are Syfy's plans for this show now that the mini-series has ended with a cliff-hanger. The longer Syfy goes without a response,the more I feel like I just wasted 6 hours of my life.

I bet it will be at least a week before there is any news. I'm sure besides the overnight ratings they also look and DVR viewing and downloads, etc.

Geeze, give them some time! No matter, they won't go any further with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)