Ashton Kutcher replace's Charlie Sheen on 'Two and a Half Men'

Two and a Half Men’s ratings hold steady
Written by James Ryder
Tuesday, 22 November 2011 17:10
Ratings for CBS comedy Two and a Half Men held steady last night as the broadcasters array of comedies once again delivered big ratings.
At 8pm How I Met Your Mother won the first half of the hour in terms of 18-49 viewers with a 4.3 rating and 10 million viewers overall followed by 2 Broke Girls, which won the second half of the hour, with a 4.4 rating and 11.1 million viewers overall. In terms of total viewers it was ABC’S Dancing with the Stars which pulled in a hefty 20 million viewers and had a 3.6 18-49 rating. Fox’s dino-drama Terra Nova saw its ratings dip with 6.4 million viewers and a 2.1 18-49 rating - its chances of renewal are as even as its chances of cancellation we’d say. NBC’s The Sing Off continued with 4.2 million viewers and a 1.4 rating while The CW’s teen-drama Gossip Girl pulled in 1.4 million viewers with a 0.7 18-49 rating. At 9pm Two and a Half Men held steady in the ratings, pretty much, compared to last week with a 5.2 18-49 rating - last week it had a 5.3 rating. In terms of total viewers though it saw figures rise to 15.7 million compared with 14.5 million for last week. It was followed on CBS by Mike and Molly with 13 million viewers overall and a 4.2 rating. Medical drama House on Fox had 7.3 million viewers with a 2.5 18-49 rating while Hart of Dixie on The CW pulled in 1.7 million viewers with a 0.7 18-49 rating.At 10pm detective drama Castle on ABC was seen by 11.9 million

can the show get any worse?
I happened to have it on after watching 2 broke girls so I was able to watch this weeks "show" and I'm left thinking "how bad can this show get"

The show has become all about Walden and his love life. It was kind of funny when it was Charlie ,but not as funny with Kutcher. I think this will be the last season for Two and Half men.

The problem with it now is it is pretty much the same. At least when Charlie was on the show they had many episodes which were unique, such as Charlie Waffles. There were many more scenes with the mother, Judith, Rose, Herb, and many other characters. It now seems like every episode is only about Walden and Alan.

CBS' "Two and a Half Men" ratings surge
By Tim Molloy Tue Dec 6, 2011 7:12pm EST
NEW YORK (TheWrap.com) - Ten months after "Two and a Half Men" looked destined for cancellation, TV's top rated sitcom is the biggest ratings gainer of the new fall season -- and anchors a CBS Monday night that looks unstoppable.Charlie Sheen's firing on March 7 could easily have been the end of the series. Warner Bros. TV, which produces the show, was ominously silent about its future. Suggestions about possible Sheen replacements -- Rob Lowe? John Stamos? -- quickly fizzled out.Things couldn't be more different now. An analysis by TheWrap of this fall's network ratings finds that "Men" has climbed 39.1 percent in the prized 18-49 demo -- far more than any other show. (We looked at the start of the season through the week of November 13, compared to the same period last year.)"I don't think there's any question it validates the move to bring it back," said Kelly Kahl, CBS's senior executive vice president of primetime."When we were sitting around in May talking about what we would be happy with, we all agreed: If we were anywhere close to where we were a year ago, we'd be thrilled.The show has far exceeded such expectations -- and also those of Sheen. Soon after Ashton Kutcher was named as his replacement, Sheen predicted in May that the show would average a mere 2.0 rating among 18-to-49-year-olds."Enjoy the show, America," he told TMZ. "Enjoy seeing a 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB."Try three times that. The show is averaging a 6.4 rating, far better than the 4.6 it earned last year with Sheen in the lead. It has averaged 17.8 million total viewers.It anchors a bulletproof Monday comedy block for CBS, which also includes another Chuck Lorre comedy, "Mike & Molly," as well as "How I Met Your Mother" and the new "2 Broke Girls," the season's highest-rated new series.To seize on the tremendous curiosity around the revamped "Men," CBS followed its September 19 premiere with the debut of "Girls," which had the network's best-testing pilot ever."Men" returned to an explosive 10.3 rating and 27.7 million total viewers. "Girls" arrived to a 7 rating and 19.1 million.Both shows have since slipped from those numbers -- "Girls" to a 5.5 demo rating and 13.8 million. But they remain among the most formidable shows on the air.How formidable?Last week, CBS won Monday night airing reruns -- yes, reruns -- even as its competitors offered mostly new shows. (ABC aired a mix of holiday specials, a "Castle" rerun, and the tanking new game show "You Deserve It.")Not only is CBS winning, but it's winning for less. Kutcher earns below $1 million an episode, compared to the nearly $2 million Sheen received, including syndication royalties and other payouts.Sheen received a $25 million settlement when he sued over his firing, but it covered back-end payments he would have received in any case.

I was at freinds house Monday and ended up watching, why would Walden's wife give up $600 million that she had in the bag to become another Rose?

who said she gave it up? She may not have signed yet but if she now believes that Walden wants the divorce she may not be satisfied with the old numbers.

Well, IMO, I find it unbelievable that TAAHM ratings are that high, based on the way the show is now. But I also find it unbelievable that "Two Broke Girls" is pulling in that kind of numbers. I watched 2 or 3 episodes of "Two Broke Girls", and found it so predictable, that it was almost like I had read the script before watching it. (IMO) It felt like a knock-knock joke, one girl giving the set up, and the other one giving the punchline.

I still wonder how much this has to do with what else in on the other channels at the beginning of Prime Time, and the fact that "Dancing with the Stars" has had one too many seasons, and is down to the bottom of the barrel in "stars".

Ghpr13:)

Well, IMO, I find it unbelievable that TAAHM ratings are that high, based on the way the show is now. But I also find it unbelievable that "Two Broke Girls" is pulling in that kind of numbers. I watched 2 or 3 episodes of "Two Broke Girls", and found it so predictable, that it was almost like I had read the script before watching it. (IMO) It felt like a knock-knock joke, one girl giving the set up, and the other one giving the punchline.

I still wonder how much this has to do with what else in on the other channels at the beginning of Prime Time, and the fact that "Dancing with the Stars" has had one too many seasons, and is down to the bottom of the barrel in "stars".

Ghpr13:)

Come on Stevie Wonder wants to be on Dancing with the Stars next spring. We already had a deaf actress on seasons past and we had a burnt war vet this last season and now a blind singer to come in March. Should be interesting to see him stumble his way through a song routine. I just wonder who they will pair him with?

I tuned-in last night because House and Alcatraz were preempted due to auto racing...wound up turning the TV off and going to bed. Needless to say, I still don't like the new version.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts