Ask AllAmericanDirect - Distant Network Q's

Adam are there any plans to add The CW and My Network TV in HD to your current line-up? If so, anytime soon?

Thanks!

I highly doubt it, unless they plan on leasing more space. They are already running 8 HD channels on that one transponder. That seems to be the max number Dish is running on their transponders.

I highly doubt it, unless they plan on leasing more space. They are already running 8 HD channels on that one transponder. That seems to be the max number Dish is running on their transponders.

Actually, if they take DirecTV's lead and convert their SD DNS to MPEG4, they would have enough room for a HD MyNetworkTV and CW East & West.

For Standard Def, we're at the mercy of the feed from the stations. It's improved significantly since the digital transition.

I can understand that $4.99 for an HD channel feels high. Unfortunately, our uplink costs for HD channels require such a price.

High Definition is only $1.50 per channel more than standard definition. I think that for the picture quality difference, it's definitely worth it.

Adam:
I think the $4.99 is a fair price per HD channel. People need to realize that everything has gone up over the years. I would think that $4.99 would also be a fair price for both the HD and SD version for people who still have a mix of standard and HD boxes in their home. Plus, your service is available to RV'ers with automatic domes. The majority will not work with Directv's HD feeds.

Last edited:
Adam, I am very concerned about my privacy, I do not give out my CC info, and I like to do everything online. Could you have your website ordering page changed so that it will accept paypal?

Adam, I am very concerned about my privacy, I do not give out my CC info, and I like to do everything online. Could you have your website ordering page changed so that it will accept paypal?

If you do not want to give your credit card online, you can call us over the phone. If you subscribe to 6 or 12 month service, we can send you a bill, so you can pay by check or credit card through the postal service.

Adam, are you aware that your HD channels do not appear in the dish remote access website. This is a big problem as more and more people are using the website to access their DVR's.

Apparently it is the way you format your channel numbers. You simply have the two digit channel number. The other two digit channels provided by dish begin with a 0 and and with a-00. For example, dish channel 68 is 068-00.

Thanks,

Mitch

I've been working this past week to solve this very problem. I hope to have the channels appear there soon.

The new prices are acceptable IMO. The Billing terms are NOT!.
I saw you guys reduced the price in half , the very next day after I just Paid $36 for my
Fox, CBS,ABC, ( SD East and West)
Chicago, Fox HD and CBS HD
LA Fox HD.
I wanted the new pricing but your Customer service department, Refused to credit back what I had already paid toward the channels I wanted.
So everyone who signed up last month got a huge discount, and I still had to pay the old prices. Sorry Unacceptable!
I'm calling again today And someone better get to the bottom of this.
I'm paid for the month, so why can't I downgrade without paying more money
I paid $36 for July 14- August 14, So why do I have to pay to drop my current service to subscribe to one that half the price?
You guys putting Experation dates on channels is a Joke! Get it together.

Last edited:
Adam:
I think the $4.99 is a fair price per HD channel. People need to realize that everything has gone up over the years. I would think that $4.99 would also be a fair price for both the HD and SD version for people who still have a mix of standard and HD boxes in their home. Plus, your service is available to RV'ers with automatic domes. The majority will not work with Directv's HD feeds.

We used to offer a discount for people who purchased both, but I don't believe many subscribed to SD if they also had HD.

The problem with including SD into the HD packages is that, by law, you cannot subscribe to a network if it airs before your local time zone. For example, a person in the central time zone who subscribes to HD in Chicago cannot subscribe to SD in New York because they will see programming in New York before it airs in Chicago.

I'll give it some thought, and if I can find a solution without adding too much complexity, I'll bring it up to the owners in the next management meeting.

I'll give you all an example of AAD Billing terms.
If you pay Month to month, and say you have Chicago HD package for $18.99
OK now you just paid $18.99, now say 10 days later you want to drop CBS and NBC HD and swap it for LA CBS and NBC HD.
I bet you think thats an even trade Right???

NOPE !!!!! thats Still going to cost you $9.98
So that month you just paid $18.99 and now another $9.98, Because unlike everyother company that prorates your bill for the services you use AAD keeps the money because they don't credit you or prorate anything.
They only way to do this , Is call the Day before your bill is due! What a crock!

Stop trying to sell Verizon Products too , everytime a customer calls.
Your customers are calling for Distant networks,and to make account changes for their Dish network DNS service.
Not to be attack with a Verizon sales pitch and what ever else you can try and sell the last few minuts of the phone call.
You want to be taken as a valid company , act like one!

Last edited:
If you do not want to give your credit card online, you can call us over the phone. If you subscribe to 6 or 12 month service, we can send you a bill, so you can pay by check or credit card through the postal service.

Can I pay online with a virtual or prepaid VISA or MC CC? They usually don't have a person's name on them, I think.

We used to offer a discount for people who purchased both, but I don't believe many subscribed to SD if they also had HD.

The problem with including SD into the HD packages is that, by law, you cannot subscribe to a network if it airs before your local time zone. For example, a person in the central time zone who subscribes to HD in Chicago cannot subscribe to SD in New York because they will see programming in New York before it airs in Chicago.

I'll give it some thought, and if I can find a solution without adding too much complexity, I'll bring it up to the owners in the next management meeting.

Huh? Chicago and New York show the same shows at the same time. It's a known fact that Primetime in Eastern Time zone is 8-11 and in Central it is 7-10. I never understood this when I heard about this on the forums. For instance, when I'm sitting down and watching Live TV (rare occasion) of Big Brother on CBS, the same people in New York are also watching Big Brother at the same time.

Can I pay online with a virtual or prepaid VISA or MC CC? They usually don't have a person's name on them, I think.

As long as it has the Mastercard symbol on it, you should be able to use that without a problem.

You may want to select a service length greater than 1 month so that you don't have service interruption if we are unable to charge your prepaid card monthly.

Primetime at night is the same time for both eastern and central time zones, but not the morning. The Today Show, The Early Show, and Good Morning America come on one hour later in the central time zones than in the eastern time zone. I don't know if that really matters or not.

Stop trying to sell Verizon Products too , everytime a customer calls.
Your customers are calling for Distant networks,and to make account changes for their Dish network DNS service.
Not to be attack with a Verizon sales pitch and what ever else you can try and sell the last few minuts of the phone call.
You want to be taken as a valid company , act like one!

I, for one, have been asked about a dozen times which cell phone provider I have and how I get my internet. Only on the rare occasion do they not bother to ask me. Now they are asking me about my alarm system. I have cable internet (don't need Hughsnet), I have Verizon Wireless plus I have 1 year left on my contract and I don't think AAD will have a better deal on a new phone than Verizon does, and I have an A.D.T. alarm system in my house (I don't use A.D.T. anymore; I have a local company that reprogrammed my system to their dispatch that I am paying 1/3 of the price that A.D.T. charges for the same kind of service).

I haven't said anything yet to them, but I have thought several times about asking to speak to their management to tell them not to ask me about my internet, cell phone, or alarm system ANYMORE!! I am calling about my distant networks, NOT the other stuff!! I don't mind if they keep a record of when they last asked me about the other stuff and ask me once a year or so (I can live with that); but this asking you EVERY TIME you call about your distant nets is RIDICULOUS! It's flat out ANNOYING!! Usually when I call them I try to get off the phone as quickly as possible after they have taken care of my distant nets BEFORE they begin to give me the sales pitch!! :shh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts