Ask AllAmericanDirect - Distant Network Q's

I've had AAD SD with CBS, ABC, and Fox (NBC is via antenna for local affiliate) for over 2 years. I've watched the price rise from roughly $8 for all 6 stations to $10.47 currently.

I may go with the local cable company and get Basic. Only disadvantage is no DVR.

I am happy with AAD except their billing. Not the price really but the fact I have to call. I DESPISE phones. I do everything online. It bothers me that they don't have online account management to make changes online etc so that I don't have to talk to a person at all.

Other than that, I have no complaints. When I did sign up, I gave them my card #s and I had them up and running in less than 5 minutes. Awesome.

For me it works. I have no other option really to get my networks and Dish does not offer locals in my area (they did upload them last week for testing but who knows when/if they will be available) and I could care less about HD programming even though I have a 42" Plasma. I'm not paying extra for something that is a want.

I know this was brought up earlier in the thread but I don't really appreciate a company asking personal questions that really have nothing to do with the services I am receiving. I called in about TV service to a company who has my personal information, home address, phone number, credit card, etc. and they start asking me if I have a home security system, if so with what company, what kind of phone service, internet, etc. Why would I want to let someone at your company know if I have or don't have a security system on my home and the company it's with and what kind of phone is hooked to it? I understand you are trying to sell additional services but these types of invasive questions are not the way to attract new customers.

I think they're starting to get the messge. Last time I talked to them they didn't ask me about the other stuff. I think you'll see them doing less of this or they'll put flags in our accounts that say not to bother certain ones.

I"m sure the marketing folks would be smart enough to do some actual research to determine this as opposed to just taking your word for it. Everyone I know from the midwest would prefer Chicago Market to the New York area and would drop their service if that were to change. So you'd gain some, and you'd probably lose more.

Adam:

Welcome

Please pass this along to your marketing folks.

It might be a whole lot easier to sell an 18.99/month HD package on the east coast if you offer the NY channels in HD. There are a huge amont of people on the east coast that are would be a lot more interested in NY than Chicago or LA. and since the NY markert airs at exactly the same time as the Chicago market there would be no time zone issues. Just more subs!

Probably something like that. My hunch is that Adam might still lurk, however. So if anyone has a constructive suggestion , it wouldn't hurt to post it.

AAD on various satellites

Adam, or anyone else who knows:
I have been trying to help a friend who lost his CBS channel with the digital transition. After installing a new antenna system, which would not pickup the channel, he finally ordered DISH, because their rep said he could get locals. That turned out to be incorrect. So he decided to go ahead and order dish and AAD for the CBS feed. Dish had to set him up with 77, 72, and 61.5 satellites instead of 119, 110, 129 because of obstructions. He spoke with AAD; they said this was not a problem, and they sold him the CBS package. It never worked, and he called back several times. Finally someone at AAD told him that it is not possible for him to get the CBS feed on his satellites. Does anyone know the correct information on this?

Problem here is...

Adam, or anyone else who knows:
I have been trying to help a friend who lost his CBS channel with the digital transition. After installing a new antenna system, which would not pickup the channel, he finally ordered DISH, because their rep said he could get locals. That turned out to be incorrect. So he decided to go ahead and order dish and AAD for the CBS feed. Dish had to set him up with 77, 72, and 61.5 satellites instead of 119, 110, 129 because of obstructions. He spoke with AAD; they said this was not a problem, and they sold him the CBS package. It never worked, and he called back several times. Finally someone at AAD told him that it is not possible for him to get the CBS feed on his satellites. Does anyone know the correct information on this?

dish set him up on eastern arc with a 1000.4 dish. As you mentioned above that is sats 61.5/72 and 77. AAD sd channels and hd channels are on 110 and 119. This means that your friend needs a dish 500 pointed to 110/119 and a separate dish pointed to 61.5 for HD programming.
I don't know if dish will do this for him however.. probably not.
Gerry

dish set him up on eastern arc with a 1000.4 dish. As you mentioned above that is sats 61.5/72 and 77. AAD sd channels and hd channels are on 110 and 119. This means that your friend needs a dish 500 pointed to 110/119 and a separate dish pointed to 61.5 for HD programming.
I don't know if dish will do this for him however.. probably not.
Gerry
Are you saying that he could get the Chicago HD CBS feed on 61.5? That is one of the satellites he gets, but the latest AAD person told him he could not get it. If he was wrong, can you give me a link to something official we could mention to the AAD rep?
Thanks,
Charles

NO..

Are you saying that he could get the Chicago HD CBS feed on 61.5? That is one of the satellites he gets, but the latest AAD person told him he could not get it. If he was wrong, can you give me a link to something official we could mention to the AAD rep?
Thanks,
Charles

I said that ALL AAD programming is on either 110 or 119. SD is on one of them and their HD versions are on the other one.. I was referring to Dishnetwork HD that is on 61.5...
Again, there is not any AAD programming on the sats that your friend is pointed to. Sorry for any confusion.
Gerry

To be more specific: AAD SD is on 119 sat and HD is on 110 sat....

I said that ALL AAD programming is on either 110 or 119. SD is on one of them and their HD versions are on the other one.. I was referring to Dishnetwork HD that is on 61.5...
Again, there is not any AAD programming on the sats that your friend is pointed to. Sorry for any confusion.
Gerry

To be more specific: AAD SD is on 119 sat and HD is on 110 sat....
Thanks. When Dish looked at his setup they said that the standard setup would not work, because they needed a clear path to several satellites, and the trees made that impossible. Technically, if they could get just either 119 or 110, then would that be sufficient for him to get either the SD or HD AAD signal? And would he need any other special equipment to merge the signals from that satellite with the ones he already gets?

In theory...

Thanks. When Dish looked at his setup they said that the standard setup would not work, because they needed a clear path to several satellites, and the trees made that impossible. Technically, if they could get just either 119 or 110, then would that be sufficient for him to get either the SD or HD AAD signal? And would he need any other special equipment to merge the signals from that satellite with the ones he already gets?

he could buy a dish 300 or dish 500 (with a single LNBF) from the dishstore (sponsor here and above) and point it to either 110 or 119 depending on whether he wants AAD SD or HD. There is an "input" port on the 1000.4 dish that he now has installed that I believe would except the additional satellite. Before going down this road I would be absolutely positive that he qualifies for the AAD SD or HD that he wants. I believe the single dish that I mention would have to have a Dishpro lnbf at a minimum.
Something like this is what he would want (plus the LNBF)

Winegard 24" Antenna without a DishPro Dual LNB

You can call Claude at the dishstore and he can advise you on what you need.

Gerry

I believe you said there was a line of sight issue on the 110/119 satellites. Was it one of them or both? If both the above solution is not going to work either...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)