Aspect Ratio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tim

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2004
Sin City NV
On some of My channels with Voom I can't get rid of the Black Bars,even with the zoom feature on my tv. Not sure if I can get rid of them. But I'm afraid of burn in on the screen. My cable HDTV receiver has option modes to eliminate this. I would think Voom's Receiver does also.
Thanks

There's only one option in the receiver. Stretch mode. In my TV it does not completly fill the screen. In some TVs it does. I do not have to worry about burn in and so I watch everything unstretch. Your TV may have zoom modes that may be able to strech it better than the voom stb.

probably cant stretch it through component cables or DVI if its HD. Or if its OTA broadcast with bars. 4:3 SD yes. HD no. YOur best bet is to give S-Video a try. or 480i mode. But honestly watching one movie with bars is not going to burn your set.

vurbano said:
probably cant stretch it through component cables or DVI if its HD. Or if its OTA broadcast with bars. 4:3 SD yes. HD no. YOur best bet is to give S-Video a try. or 480i mode. But honestly watching one movie with bars is not going to burn your set.

Mitsubishi has a Zoom mode in 1080i. Just be sure to "unzoom" it once you're done watching your program.

In 480i/p the Mitsubishi has Standard, Zoom, and Stretch (I may have missed something)

9" Guns look very nice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)