Assistance setting up 72.7

First I would like to say Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to all those who took the time to assist me with this.. Greatly appreciated.

It's unfortunate Dish wouldn't do this for me and I had to resort to doing it myself but I am greatly appreciative.

I was able to move my 61.5 dish to 72.7 and get the same signal strength of (61-62) I used to get on 61.5 that has worked like a charm for 2+ years ;)

As a matter of fact seeing as 72.7's elevation is higher than 61.5 I had to lower the dish because the roof of the balcony was blocking signal from hitting dish at the correct angle. By lower the dish I improved signal quality on my 110 & 119 as well. See attached before and after pics. You will notice in my old setup (done by dish) the arm of the 61.5 was in front of the 110 & 119 dish. Not anymore :)

110 signal was 75 and is now 80. 119 signal was 69 and is now 78.

So as I look at things I'm actually in a much better situation overall that I was previously.

Quick question. I was doing some research last night and it appears almost all channels of any importance are already on 72.7.

I was thinking about not bothering with trying to even get both 61.5 & 72.7 with the dual LNB dish. I'm just going to leave everything as is.. Dish500 Dual LNB getting 110&119 and Dish500 single LNB getting 72.7. I only have the basic package from Dish $49.99 per month.

Are there any worthwhile channels anyone can think of that I'm missing that I'm not aware of yet?

My locals work just fine, OTA and Dish, I get the major networks CNN, BRAVO, LIFETIME, HISTORY, DISC, TLC, MSNBC, SPIKE, TNT, AMC, A&E, FOOD, USA, CNBC, TWC, TRV, CMT, CMDY.. I think that pretty much covers all the major networks I'm paying for?

Also does anyone have any idea why 61.5 and 72.7 are labeled West? Notice in the attached picture under the signal strength.

Thanks again Everyone!
Kevin.

--
Kevin View attachment 65685View attachment 65684View attachment 65683View attachment 65682

I guess you can do without 61.5 if all of your HD channels have been moved to 72.7 already, however, I think it's best if you would compare the channel lineup to your package to what you are currently getting just to make sure you aren't missing any channels that are important to you. Also, as I said before, you really don't need 119 since that's just SD only. Besides that, you should be all set.

First I would like to say Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to all those who took the time to assist me with this.. Greatly appreciated.

It's unfortunate Dish wouldn't do this for me and I had to resort to doing it myself but I am greatly appreciative.

I was able to move my 61.5 dish to 72.7 and get the same signal strength of (61-62) I used to get on 61.5 that has worked like a charm for 2+ years ;)

As a matter of fact seeing as 72.7's elevation is higher than 61.5 I had to lower the dish because the roof of the balcony was blocking signal from hitting dish at the correct angle. By lower the dish I improved signal quality on my 110 & 119 as well. See attached before and after pics. You will notice in my old setup (done by dish) the arm of the 61.5 was in front of the 110 & 119 dish. Not anymore :)

110 signal was 75 and is now 80. 119 signal was 69 and is now 78.

So as I look at things I'm actually in a much better situation overall that I was previously.

Quick question. I was doing some research last night and it appears almost all channels of any importance are already on 72.7.

I was thinking about not bothering with trying to even get both 61.5 & 72.7 with the dual LNB dish. I'm just going to leave everything as is.. Dish500 Dual LNB getting 110&119 and Dish500 single LNB getting 72.7. I only have the basic package from Dish $49.99 per month.

Are there any worthwhile channels anyone can think of that I'm missing that I'm not aware of yet?

My locals work just fine, OTA and Dish, I get the major networks CNN, BRAVO, LIFETIME, HISTORY, DISC, TLC, MSNBC, SPIKE, TNT, AMC, A&E, FOOD, USA, CNBC, TWC, TRV, CMT, CMDY.. I think that pretty much covers all the major networks I'm paying for?

Also does anyone have any idea why 61.5 and 72.7 are labeled West? Notice in the attached picture under the signal strength.

Thanks again Everyone!
Kevin.

--
Kevin View attachment 65685View attachment 65684View attachment 65683View attachment 65682

If you check on the LIST at the top of this site, you can see what is on each satellite under subscribed sats .

Thanks ckhalil18. That's exactly what I did last nigh ;) Big list I may have missed something but I'm pretty sure I have everything I'm interested in. I guess time will tell down the road. At least now I have the knowledge and know how if I need to go out and make more adjustments.

Thunderstorm rolling in and signal still strong :)

Again thank you..

Kevin.

I have a different problem and I need some help. I have 2 dishes, one pointing to 119W and the other to 72.7W. Both have dual DSLNBs. My signal is stronger on 72.7W. I have a DPP44 switch and a dual node and I have connected 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. If I connect only the 72.7W to the DPP44, I get all the channels of that satellite. If I connect only the 119W, I can get the New York Networks and most of the other channels on that bird. When I combine them on the DPP44, I lose Ch.140 (ESPN) and 138 (TNT). The receivers seem to look for these channels on the 119W satellite, I don´t know why, and I either lose them at all, or I get the non HD 140 and 138 out of 119W. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)