Astros to the AL?!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hate this move. It has been talked about for a while since they started looking for a new owner of the team.

They should go the way the NFL did. Add two more teams and go with 4 divisions of 4 teams in each league.

I can't stand how the Rangers are in a division where the rest of the teams are 2 time zones behind them. I've always viewed the Astros as the representative for Texas in the National League.

They should go the way the NFL did. Add two more teams and go with 4 divisions of 4 teams in each league.

I can't stand how the Rangers are in a division where the rest of the teams are 2 time zones behind them. I've always viewed the Astros as the representative for Texas in the National League.

Baseball doesn't need anymore teams. I say they should let 2 teams go.

I've always said that it they want to switch a National League team to the American League it should be the team with the least amount time of service. Bye, bye Diamondbacks. If they took a poll on what two teams would be disolved, Tampa and Arizona would get my vote. Besides if I was an owner I would jump at a chance to go to the American League, more exciting baseball.

I've always said that it they want to switch a National League team to the American League it should be the team with the least amount time of service. Bye, bye Diamondbacks. If they took a poll on what two teams would be disolved, Tampa and Arizona would get my vote. Besides if I was an owner I would jump at a chance to go to the American League, more exciting baseball.

They should move Milwaukee back to the AL not someone who has been in the NL the whole time.

They should move Milwaukee back to the AL not someone who has been in the NL the whole time.

Good point, I retract the above statement. If anyone remembers, when the Braves played in Milwaukee, 1953 through 1965 they always had good rivalry with the Cubs. That never happened bewtween the White Sox and Brewers, so I have always thought that the move of the Brewers to the NL was to rekindle the flame between them and the Cubs. I do remember the last game of the season before the move Harry Caray was really pluggin' that Milwaukee was back in the National League and how great it was going to be to have back them at Wrigley Field. Just for the record, the original Milwaukee Brewers were charter members of the American League playing one season (1901) before moving to St. Louis to become the Browns. But......I still wish Arizona and Tampa would go away.

Good point, I retract the above statement. If anyone remembers, when the Braves played in Milwaukee, 1953 through 1965 they always had good rivalry with the Cubs. That never happened bewtween the White Sox and Brewers, so I have always thought that the move of the Brewers to the NL was to rekindle the flame between them and the Cubs. I do remember the last game of the season before the move Harry Caray was really pluggin' that Milwaukee was back in the National League and how great it was going to be to have back them at Wrigley Field. Just for the record, the original Milwaukee Brewers were charter members of the American League playing one season (1901) before moving to St. Louis to become the Browns. But......I still wish Arizona and Tampa would go away.

I would like to see them moved back to like 24 teams, but thats just me.

Now, I doubt that you'll see it go by the last come first go ....
I think they would rather look at who's consistently playing poorly and whose attendance is not there.

Yes TB would be a STRONG choice in this case, Arizona would not.

The most practical way to shrink teams would be to look at who doesn't have their new stadium. That would be Oakland and Tampa. It would be criminal to dissolve the A's. They were founded (in Philly) in 1901. Maybe dissolve the Rockies and move the A's to Denver. That would move Coors Field to the AL, the traditional hitter's league.

The players union would never allow it to happen. I suspect that they would demand the MLB expand the rosters by two or three to go along.

That's minor stuff though. What's important to me is keeping my Astros in the NL. Then maybe hiring a competent President and GM and not having another 106 loss season... ever.

Will94 said:
The most practical way to shrink teams would be to look at who doesn't have their new stadium. That would be Oakland and Tampa. It would be criminal to dissolve the A's. They were founded (in Philly) in 1901. Maybe dissolve the Rockies and move the A's to Denver. That would move Coors Field to the AL, the traditional hitter's league.

The players union would never allow it to happen. I suspect that they would demand the MLB expand the rosters by two or three to go along.

That's minor stuff though. What's important to me is keeping my Astros in the NL. Then maybe hiring a competent President and GM and not having another 106 loss season... ever.

Sorry, but the A's need to stay right where they are. Bad enough they were being moved to Fremont, let alone Denver. MLB needs to stop dragging it's heels on the Stadium report so that they can move forward on getting something done. Why has it taken the league 18 months and counting to analyze the situation, it's a freaking joke.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

cybok0 said:
The DH on every team is a better hitter than the pitcher on NL teams.

Meh, I think the DH spoils a lot of the tactical decisions in the mid to late innings of close games. Sure, there's a better batter playing. But the managers no longer have to make the call on whether to sacrifice a pitcher who is doing well for the possibility of more run production to win the game. That's a huge part of the game that just disappears with a DH, not a worthwhile tradeoff IMHO.

dangue said:
Meh, I think the DH spoils a lot of the tactical decisions in the mid to late innings of close games. Sure, there's a better batter playing. But the managers no longer have to make the call on whether to sacrifice a pitcher who is doing well for the possibility of more run production to win the game. That's a huge part of the game that just disappears with a DH, not a worthwhile tradeoff IMHO.

Oh I do agree with you.

cybok0 said:
Oh I do agree with you.

Ahhh, your comment was related to hitting ability at the plate. I misread it as meaning having a DH, any DH is preferable to no DH.

dangue said:
Ahhh, your comment was related to hitting ability at the plate. I misread it as meaning having a DH, any DH is preferable to no DH.

I was just starting why it's easier to be a better hitting team with a DH than without.

Ultimate Astros » Report: Jim Crane asks for $50 million reduction of Astros purchase price

So Crane is willing to sell us out, but wants a $50 million discount for doing so. Usually owners don't become this unpopular until they've had a few years to screw things up. If this b@stard moves my team, things will be very ugly at Minute Maid.

Sample reader comments below.
mo1375
9:20 AM on October 20, 2011
Does anybody know the contact information for Crane? The American League is fake baseball, so moving the Astros to that league would simply kill the team in my eyes.

tubarao
Is it supposed to comfort the fans of the team that he's buying to know that he sold them out for $50 million? That's $1 million for each year of the team's existence. No person in their right mind would be a fan of a team owned by this snake.

titocbp
If a move to the AL happens, I'm done with Astros baseball and baseball in general. You can bet that as soon as the contract in Houston is up, the Astros will bail. I've let go of football because the Oilers skipped town. Basketball is a joke. No NHL in Houston. Soccer? Really? What's left in Houston?

Futureman_75
9:22 AM on October 20, 2011
Astros fans don't care about the Rangers! Why can't the MLB see this. Moving the team to the AL will ruin Houston baseball for an entire generation of fans.

MOVE THE BREWERS BACK!

mlbfan
9:23 AM on October 20, 2011
Why doesn't Bud just ship the Brewers back to the AL where they came from? While I like occasional interleague play, I don't care to have it on the schedule for every day of the season. I've supported the team since 1965 and now they need to show some loyalty to the fans.

I agree with those that say what they should do is move KC to the AL West, and move the Brewers back to the AL in the AL Central. This would solve things without taking a team who has been in the NL for 50 years and moving them to a different league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)