Astros to the AL?!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, it looks like the sellout will be complete soon. I found this blog on the Houston Chronicle's website. This is just bizarre. This story is not being reported in Houston. This blog never had a link on the Chron's sports page. Bud Selig is about to make the sale of the Astros to a racist, sexist, war profiteer contingent upon moving the team to the American League, and I, literally, have not seen a single story on the nightly news. I am having my team taken from me quietly in the middle of the night.

Ultimate Astros » Astros inching closer to a change in owners, leagues

The only advocate that we the fans have right now...
Lance Berkman?!?

Ultimate Astros » Berkman calls Astros potential move to the American League ‘a travesty’
“I think it’s a travesty,” Berkman said. “It’s a National League franchise. I think if they were going to do something like that, Milwaukee’s the choice to go back to the American League; they’re historically an American League franchise.

“It’s a shame, I think, that Bud Selig is probably going to make that be sort of a condition of the sale. I don’t like it. Even when I retire and live here in Houston, I don’t want to go watch American League baseball. I’d like to have a National League team.”

Maybe I missed something but why are the Astros moving to the AL? I mean the Astros are for sale and then move to the AL? Maybe I missed something.

This would mean that there will have to be at least one inter-league game every day since there will be an odd number of teams in each league.

Meaning the line between the two leagues is more blurred. Why not just merge both leagues now and create an Eastern league and Western league?

Last edited:
As a huge Rangers fan I don't want to see the Astros move to the AL. It will dilute the inter-league rivalry we have, plus it will make the intrigue of the Astros go by the wayside.

I would prefer to see Milwaukee shifted back to the AL Central and then Kansas City put into the American League West, making two Central time zone teams in the AL West (w/Texas).

Why is there no talk about this on ESPN< or MLB network?

Is this just someones conspiracy theory, or just hush hush?

Considering everything else going on in the sports world lately, this is probably considered minor news now, except to those in the Houston area...

Two people familiar with the negotiations say McLane, Crane and Major League Baseball have reached an understanding on how a possible shift of the franchise to the American League in 2013 would take place. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because MLB had made no announcements.

The players' association has pushed for a switch to two 15-team leagues, saying it would create a more equitable schedule. The earliest any league switch would take place is 2013.
Houston Astros sale on owners meeting agenda, report says - ESPN

The Brewers going back to the AL Central and Royals moving to the AL West is the most logical scenario, but you will never see that with Selig at the helm since he has a personal interest in the Brewers.

One more reason I hate Bud Selig. Drayton McLane and Jim Crane reached an agreement on the sale of the Astros in May, six months ago. MLB held up the sale all of this time because Crane's company, Eagle Global Logistics has been investigated, and found guilty, of racism, sexism, and war profiteering. Here is a link to a June Forbe's magazine piece on these issues.
Why Jim Crane Could Become Baseball's Most Controversial Owner - Forbes

Well, it turns out that Selig doesn't give a rat's a** about the racism, sexism, or war profiteering. He will allow Crane to buy the Astros if, and only if, he agrees to move them to the American League after next season.

F*** YOU BUD SELIG!

One more reason I hate Bud Selig. Drayton McLane and Jim Crane reached an agreement on the sale of the Astros in May, six months ago. MLB held up the sale all of this time because Crane's company, Eagle Global Logistics has been investigated, and found guilty, of racism, sexism, and war profiteering. Here is a link to a June Forbe's magazine piece on these issues.

Well, it turns out that Selig doesn't give a rat's a** about the racism, sexism, or war profiteering. He will allow Crane to buy the Astros if, and only if, he agrees to move them to the American League after next season.

F*** YOU BUD SELIG!

Priorities,my friend, priorities.......

F*** YOU BUD SELIG!
Or their own investigation had a different outcome than that from the EEOC. I am sure MLB did a lot of vetting themselves

One team will be moving, regardless if it is the Astros or not. The reason why they want to move a team from the NL Central to the AL West is the NL Central has the most teams and the AL West has the fewest teams.

A second WC team would make another round of playoffs, something baseball does not need.

his deal, however, figures to be especially historic, as baseball positions itself for the 21st century. Among other things, it will pave the way for realignment of the sport into two 15-team leagues, adding a second wild-card team in each league, spreading interleague play throughout all six months of the regular season and making significant changes to the draft, free agency and the so-called "Competitive Balance Tax."
Sides close to Major League Baseball labor deal, sources say - ESPN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)