Asus: "This Is the Most Powerful Tablet in the World"

As someone new to the tablet world i cannot say one is better than the rest, I just don't know enough. However as a recent iPad owner I do not like the fact it will not accept adobe flash. In my opinion the work around with Skyfire is dumb. For an example if I want to watch something from ESPN3 it first is uploaded to one of the Skyfire servers and then downloaded to my iPad in another format. There may be legitimate reasons for this. But for now I am confused. Why not have the conversion on the iPad, instead of uploading to a server and back. (request uploaded to ESPN3, downloaded to my iPad, uploaded to a Skyfire server converted to another format and back to my iPad) Just seems dumb to me. Plus I have to pay Skyfire 5 bucks for this?:confused: As the first tablet, I am really enjoying it. But no adobe flash sux.;)

Frank, St. Jobs doesn't think flash is magical. That's why you have to do that. :)

Seriously, Flash works great on my Tab, and I use it far more than I thought I would. I can't say I have abandoned the laptop for the tablet all the time. Like right now, the laptop has the extra bonus of keeping me warm on a cold winter day. :D

I just got my preorder email from Amazon and its price is $999 for 32meg and $1099 for 64meg version. Personally, I will pass.

Frank, St. Jobs doesn't think flash is magical. That's why you have to do that. :)

Seriously, Flash works great on my Tab, and I use it far more than I thought I would. I can't say I have abandoned the laptop for the tablet all the time. Like right now, the laptop has the extra bonus of keeping me warm on a cold winter day. :D
I have a 4 year old laptop (pavilion dv1410) that does everything I want just fine. I do not want to start a war with this but..............I am starting to think Stevie is Apples worst enemy. I played the same 2 HD video's side by side from Youtube and I have to say the 4 year old laptop won out. Not to say the iPad was bad but think about it. Competing against a 4 year old laptop. Shame. For now I would rather spend the money on a new netbook or laptop. Maybe I am comparing (if you excuse the pun) apples to oranges. I may not be fair in my comparison, but from a new user....... I admitt the iPad is fun but............Maybe I am just not a tablet kind of guy.:p

You probably hold it wrong...:p

And think not different enough...:)

Diogen.
From where I come from a laptop can be upgraded and parts easily replaced or upgraded. I could lie being an owner of an iPad and say it is the greatest computer device I have ever known. I can't lie to you all. I am very disappointed. Way to controlling or restrictive for my liking.

From where I come from a laptop can be upgraded and parts easily replaced or upgraded. I could lie being an owner of an iPad and say it is the greatest computer device I have ever known. I can't lie to you all. I am very disappointed. Way to controlling or restrictive for my liking.

Return it if you don't like. Assuming it is still within a return window. Or sell it, I am sure you could sell it for close to its value.

For what its worth, I am very happy with my Galaxy Tab, but I pretty much knew what I would be getting with it. And I love the Android OS. For a few microseconds I considered an ipad, but I knew that for my own needs, it was not what I wanted.

I highly doubt Microsoft will have anywhere near the level success that Google and Apple enjoy...
Me too.
But if offered to bet on this outcome, I wouldn't...

I believe dominating negativity towards MS' mobile products and love for Apple
products have one thing in common: they are not based on reality.

Diogen.

Based on what is coming out, it seems that ms is (at best), in a rut and likely in descent.

Theres no buzz/excitement over any new windows items. although ms has had windows phones out well before apple and android they have never gotten significant market traction.

Even the windows tablets (showing before iPad) aren't getting much attention.

Unless something dramatic happens this year, IMO MS has missed their opportunity. Will they be able to survive if their twin cash cows (office and the OS) can no longer maintain their revenue path ?

A few years ago I would never believe that I'd be swyping something like this.

Swyped on my PC36100 using tapatalk!

Return it if you don't like. Assuming it is still within a return window. Or sell it, I am sure you could sell it for close to its value.
I have a love hate relationship with it. 1 minute I am having fun with it and then later I will get frustrated with it. I really don't want to get rid of it though. As strange as that may sound. I guess I was not prepaired for a whole new way of doing things, but I'm learning.:D

I have a love hate relationship with it. 1 minute I am having fun with it and then later I will get frustrated with it. I really don't want to get rid of it though. As strange as that may sound. I guess I was not prepaired for a whole new way of doing things, but I'm learning.:D

You don't have to use it all the time. For example, right now I am using my laptop. Its more efficient. But when I go to the basketball game tonight, I'll have my tab -- I can pull live stats while I am watching, in the arena (thanks to the ISU wireless network!).

I think there are things I would like about the ipad -- video being the biggest. It drives me nuts that I have to convert stuff and strip DRM to be able to watch video I had bought from itunes on my Tab. But that said, I am very happy to have a 7" light tablet I can carry in my coat pocket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)