AT&T Adds Locast App to DirecTV, Uverse

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I used Locast with the Hopper app, and the Locast app on my Firestick, when we were in the Washington, DC DMA. Other than that, I can Chrome Cast the Locast app on my phone, using a fake GPS app to locate the phone in any of the 9 available DMA's, to the AirPlayUPnP app on my Firestick . Oddly, trying to use Locast with Chrome Cast on my laptop freezes the AirPlayUPnP app. I'll sort that out eventually. ;)

Where would one find the locast app on their receiver? I "live" in the Boston market but I am not physically in the Boston market and I am curious if I would be able to use it, but I don't see it available anyway on the menus.

Where would one find the locast app on their receiver? I "live" in the Boston market but I am not physically in the Boston market and I am curious if I would be able to use it, but I don't see it available anyway on the menus.
I suggest you read the article in the link.

That depends on how much you value watching the Locast stations on the big screen. For me, clicking on the cast app on my Firestick and then clicking on "Cast" in the Chrome browser on my PC doesn't seem like much of hassle.

I get my free local OTA channels on my Apple TV 4K through a native app, Channels, with the ability to pause and rewind live TV with the Apple remote. Works great. Shame there's hardly ever much of anything worth watching on live OTA TV when I happen to switch over to it.

I get my free local OTA channels on my Apple TV 4K through a native app, Channels, with the ability to pause and rewind live TV with the Apple remote. Works great. Shame there's hardly ever much of anything worth watching on live OTA TV when I happen to switch over to it.
Don't tell Juan about it. He'll spend hours telling you why it's illegal somehow... ;)

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Give dish a chance ...they would probably mail out rokus to affected subs...they have done that before...no different than a antenna but there will be more screaming
I guess we'll have to see what happens if and when a carrier uses Locast to bypass carriage fees. That hasn't happened yet...

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Give dish a chance ...they would probably mail out rokus to affected subs...they have done that before...no different than a antenna but there will be more screaming

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
That would not be any different than what they do now by installing OTA antennas and supplying the OTA adapter. They're enabling subscribers to receive the locals outside of the retrans rules just as subscribers can do for themselves. I don't see what anyone could scream about. At least not with any legal footing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)