AT&T Bundling Discount

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for all the help. Called AT&T today and I managed to get the 3 Mbps dry-loop service (Direct Pro) for $30/month. I told the CSR I had a AT&T cellphone and that it was only a pay-as-you-go, but he said it was fine and that it therefore qualified me for $10 off the regular dry-loop price!

Question: I need to get a DSL modem and AT&T offers one for $62 delivered. Is it cheaper to buy one elsewhere?

Thanks!

They should offer you either the Wireless router/modem combo or modem free wth rebate
AT&T High Speed Internet Pro

Ok Lets clear up the Air.

I am an AT&T sales rep for the Land line and HSI call center for the Midwest.

U Can get the AT&T 5 dollar discount if you have 1 of the following.

AT&T Wireless (Post Paid )

AT&T YAhoo (dry loop included)

AT&T POTS.

If you have only one of those you can get the discount. For the HSI any speed is good enough .

If anyone has any questions just let me know i will try my hardest to help.

AT&T POTS.

If you have only one of those you can get the discount. For the HSI any speed is good enough .

Is there any way to get MORE than 1 HD DVR for free or at a discounted rate? I am an ATT customer am looking at going from Dish to Directv but having to pay for the 2nd/3rd hd dvr is holding me back.

AT&T POTS.

So why did the CSR say i needed to sign up for the AT&T all Distance package plan to get the bundle discount with AT&T wireless ?

Not at all. When we put it in the DTV system its all calculated automatically. We have tried to find every legal way to get a second or 3rd receiver for free. Not even the save team has the power.

Look at it this way. Your paying for quality so the money is not wasted.

So why did the CSR say i needed to sign up for the AT&T all Distance package plan to get the bundle discount with AT&T wireless ?

Its up to the rep that you speak to, to put it the discount on. We don't get paid on placing the discount on your account. But we get paid on putting the all distance plan on your account.

I really don't care i just put it on all customers accounts. Keeps the customer happy.

Try calling again and you will find someone that can put it on your account. Or i can do it for you tomorrow. Which ever you prefer.

Oh yeah i forgot. You have to have Choice Xtra or higher to get the discount. All old grandfathered plans are not included. Must be a current package. (dtv system just wont let us do it. Tells us to pass you to dtv)

I have called AT&T three times and DirecTV once trying to get this discount--each time I'm told they can't find what I'm talking about, though DirecTV knew instantly and confirmed my eligibility but then say they can't add it there. My husband and I each have an AT&T wireless account (Blackberry and iPhone, respectively, paid via auto-debit each month). AT&T local phone service is not available in our area. According to DirecTV and this website, we should be eligible for the discount. (We have been DirecTV premier customers for over a decade.)

We have called AT&T twice and DirecTV once, then been transfered to AT&T (making it three times total I've tried with them), in an attempt to get this discount. My husband and I both have AT&T cell phone service with cell Internet plans. We've also have had DirecTV's highest level of service for more than a decade. (AT&T home phone service is not available in our area.) Service to each company runs more than $140/month. DirecTV, and AT&T's website, indicate we are definitely eligible for this relatively minor discount, and yet each time I call AT&T they have no clue what I'm talking about. I've talked to three different departments and most can't even locate anything about DirecTV, except for signing up for new service. DirecTV knew exactly what I was talking about, but say they can't add the discount on their end. So frustrating!

Just wanted to let you guys know when it comes to land line service and HSI i can only access the systems for the following 5 state region.

IL
IN
MI
OH
WI

For those of you who only have cell phone service with AT&T and wants to get the 5 dollar discount (5 dollar opt in). You will need to go to your local AT&T store. The customer care center for wireless i don't believe has the access or training to do such a transaction.

Just wanted to let you guys know when it comes to land line service and HSI i can only access the systems for the following 5 state region.

IL
IN
MI
OH
WI

For those of you who only have cell phone service with AT&T and wants to get the 5 dollar discount (5 dollar opt in). You will need to go to your local AT&T store. The customer care center for wireless i don't believe has the access or training to do such a transaction.

Do you happen to have a phone number and prompt we should call to get to someone that actually is aware of this discount ?

It took me two days to get ahold of someone that could do anything about it, both kept transferring back and forth between companies.

Do you happen to have a phone number and prompt we should call to get to someone that actually is aware of this discount ?

It took me two days to get ahold of someone that could do anything about it, both kept transferring back and forth between companies.

Nope you just gotta play csr roulette and hope that you get someone that knows what they are doing. Just tell them you want to opt in to the AT&T Directv discount.

They should offer you either the Wireless router/modem combo or modem free wth rebate
AT&T High Speed Internet Pro

Thanks for the tip - I tried it, but the CSR said the rebate was not available for dry-loop DSL customers (only if you have phone line as well). I didn't contest it, as I didn't want to jeopardize the $10/month rebate I am already getting, despite only having a pre-pay AT&T phone :)

Thanks for the tip - I tried it, but the CSR said the rebate was not available for dry-loop DSL customers (only if you have phone line as well). I didn't contest it, as I didn't want to jeopardize the $10/month rebate I am already getting, despite only having a pre-pay AT&T phone :)

Technically, the dry loop counts as well, you can pursue it if you want, it's up to you.

Jimbo

What a cluster.

I've called AT&T Wireless twice and emailed DirecTV and everyone that I've corresponded with has verified that I'm eligible for the $5 discount, but NO ONE knows who to get me in contact with to apply it to my account. Ridiculous.

They've transferred me to this person, to that person, blah blah freaking blah and STILL no headway.

Do it online and itr shows a discount and you get a $50 rebate. If you have a log in for your phone or internet account then use that and log in and add Directv services and walk through the commands.

I guess I'm failing to see the real discount here for existing AT&T customers who sign up for Direct TV. As compared to signing up via D TV's site versus AT&T, what is the difference in discount? I did both and it basically is telling me a $2 difference in AT&T's favor.

Also, I live in an area where local channels are not available on D TV, therefore I need to order OTA tuners for the receivers. I am not given that option while signing up through AT&T's site. I also have a customer (relative) referral to get a $50 credit with D TV, there is no place to enter that either. Should I just sign up with D TV and then later ask AT&T if I can get a discount? This is very unclear to me. What is the big advantage of going through AT&T?

I guess I'm failing to see the real discount here for existing AT&T customers who sign up for Direct TV. As compared to signing up via D TV's site versus AT&T, what is the difference in discount? I did both and it basically is telling me a $2 difference in AT&T's favor.

Also, I live in an area where local channels are not available on D TV, therefore I need to order OTA tuners for the receivers. I am not given that option while signing up through AT&T's site. I also have a customer (relative) referral to get a $50 credit with D TV, there is no place to enter that either. Should I just sign up with D TV and then later ask AT&T if I can get a discount? This is very unclear to me. What is the big advantage of going through AT&T?

The only difference is with an AT&T account you get a $ 5 discount off your normal D* billing.
You should be able to get any other deals that also apply.
In your case I would defiantly try getting ahold of someone at D* as they have more flexibility.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts