AT&T exploring Deal to sell off DIRECTV.

Here is another article saying a Dish Network merger might not make sense if they get broadband to rural areas. They are saying SatelliteTV will be obsolete if that happens.

Long in the tooth?? Minus the amount of simultaneous recordings at once I would love to know what features you think the Hopper has over Tivo. The Bolt and Edge run circles around the H3. Not even getting into the Hopper interface looks like it is from Nintendo game

Exactly.

The only difference is the number of tuners and to be honest I’m getting by with 6 just fine.

Also what’s better the Tivo logo or that stupid red kangaroo when you fire the thing up.

This Varitey.com video report has a good saying about what is going on at AT&T Stankey is having a garage sale.

Reactions: dpalmer1969
Look at who owns frontier
Frontier has bought a lot of POTS assets. Not just att. Most of the POTS companies were wanting to move away from it completely as the networks were in dire need of upgrading and fiber backing. So they’re one of the few companies combining the networks together.

personally I don’t think att knows what they do half the time. Years ago I’ve had them for cable internet, then later dsl internet. Seems like they do a lot of buying and selling parts of their business. Could never figure out why. I’ve seen them offer phone service, and now a lot of areas it’s voip.

Reactions: navychop
Frontier is $.27 cents a share...they wont be around much longer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
What do you think is going to happen to them? Their bankruptcy hearings indicate they plan to become a FTTH provider as they exit reorganization.

Exactly.

The only difference is the number of tuners and to be honest I’m getting by with 6 just fine.

Also what’s better the Tivo logo or that stupid red kangaroo when you fire the thing up.

Sorry, but TE4 is a mess. Preroll ads are hugely unpopular and buggy. A perusal of TC shows lots of people leaving Tivo and Tivo leaving its customers behind with their new streaming stick (a rebranded Dish product BTW) being incompatible with their DVRs. Now, are many of them switching to Dish? No, but the Hopper3 is the pinnacle of DVRs, both in technical capabilities user experience. It isn't perfect, and it is unlikely to get any better due to the declining customer base, but the same is true of all DVRs at this point.

Reactions: Rey and navychop
There was a lot of fios in cali and florida that was given away...and then just wasted by frontier..totally destroyed

There was a lot of fios in cali and florida that was given away...and then just wasted by frontier..totally destroyed

Yes, very true. Hey, maybe Frontier will want to buy half of DirecTV once they are out of administration!

Regardless, your not making money with thier stock ...
Of course not!!!.. lets say you bought 15 shares at $1... those shares dropped to 20 cents...they took those 15 shares back and gave you one share worth $2.50... now that one share is worth 20 cents..hope that is clearer

Of course not!!!.. lets say you bought 15 shares at $1... those shares dropped to 20 cents...they took those 15 shares back and gave you one share worth $2.50... now that one share is worth 20 cents..hope that is clearer
Going no where fast !

It was perfectly clear the 1st time ...

AT&T shouldn’t have gone on a buying spree 6 years ago.

I hope they sell the RSN’s to Sinclair :)

Yeah, Sinclair is the rumored buyer of AT&T's RSNs. Would anyone else want them? No one else comes to mind, really.

As for AT&T's previous purchases -- interesting to imagine where they would be right now if they had passed on the DTV acquisition and instead just plowed half that money into additional FTTH build-out.

Yeah, Sinclair is the rumored buyer of AT&T's RSNs. Would anyone else want them? No one else comes to mind, really.

As for AT&T's previous purchases -- interesting to imagine where they would be right now if they had passed on the DTV acquisition and instead just plowed half that money into additional FTTH build-out.
Would they have gotten more UVerseTV subscribers by going all fiber than buying DTV? Their boxes and guide would have needed to been updated. Even updating to all fiber they would have to up the bitrate to handle 4K.