AT&T Fourth Quarter and Year End Results

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
They continue to bleed customers in the TV market.

And the Group profit margins hover in the 6-7 percent range as compared to 20-35 percent in their other groups.

1580321810292.png

They have lost almost 3 million subs in their Sat. business alone in just one year ( 4 million total with Uverse and Now), word of note to any stock holders, don't let AT&T take over your company, vote it down.

The low profit margin indicates they will be pressured to increase prices to improve margins.

Sent from S10 Plus
using the SatelliteGuys app!

Then that will increase the loss of subs, vicious cycle they are in.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Reactions: longhorn23
Its amazing that every quarter we have another thread about losing subs ....

Its getting quite boring.

Come on guys, the same info over and over again ....

Breaking News ....

Next quarter, ATT loses more subs .... shocking.
[automerge]1580347106[/automerge]
Its amazing that every quarter we have another thread about losing subs ....

Its getting quite boring.

Come on guys, the same info over and over again ....

Breaking News ....

Next quarter, ATT loses more subs .... shocking.

Wheres the reports for all the other companies that are losing money each quarter ?????????

AT&T worked hard to get 40% of DirecTV Now customers to cancel in one year, it takes absolute leadership talent to get that many customers to prompt change in such a short time!

They have a lot of work to do in the Satellite and U-Verse business, only a 15% customer drop. Management must be disappointed that they could't do a better job of getting customers to prompt change to other video options. Perhaps they should promote the individual that changed the strategy for the Now product lines.

AT&T worked hard to get 40% of DirecTV Now customers to cancel in one year, it takes absolute leadership talent to get that many customers to prompt change in such a short time!

They have a lot of work to do in the Satellite and U-Verse business, only a 15% customer drop. Management must be disappointed that they could't do a better job of getting customers to prompt change to other video options. Perhaps they should promote the individual that changed the strategy for the Now product lines.
Your always going to lose subs when you openly tell people that they want you to move to a different platform and make it sound to them that they have no choice.

They did the same thing with the U Verse TV , by trying to push everyone to D*, now they are pushing people away from D* to streaming ....

I refuse to order ANY of the att video services ... (I'll keep my Sat )

I will keep satellite tv if I have change to dish. I knew when at&t brought out direc it was not going to be good.

At all started last January when they said they where focusing on cell phones and internet.

They are the ones who said they where not focusing on video.

They are the ones who decided to push satellite dealers to sell their crappy cell phones or risk termination.

So F you Directv. I don’t at all feel bad at the subscriber loss. They did it to themselves.

Sell Directv to anyone but Dish who might give a dam.

Btw, customers ain’t flocking to Dish either

Dish 4th quarter results aren't out yet, but last quarter they only lost 66,000 sat subscribers, while gaining 214,000 Sling subscribers.

Btw, customers ain’t flocking to Dish either

They are not flocking to anyone for video on Traditional Provider's Services, loses for this year alone is now over 7 million, the biggest gains are for the streaming services like Netflix and Disney+, You Tube TV and Hulu Live have gains this year, but not that much, less than a million each in sub increases.

The cable companies will eventually win all the customers back.

The key to winning the streaming battle is to go after the pirate stuff such as the jail broken fire sticks.

Your never going to get rid of piracy 100%, but the key is to keep making the illegal stuff go down often enough people don’t want to be bothered.

The issue with piracy is not the people who know how to program the stuff. It’s the other people who buy into it who have no clue how it works.

Once it goes down, and their friend is not immediately answering the phone they get frustrated and just pay for the service.

I even knew a hacker in Canada who gave it up. Simply got tired of stuff going down on a Friday night and having people blow up his phone the entire weekend trying to get their Tv back. He had a regular job, every time they would hit the hacked cards, his weekend while he ruined and he would be in his basement all weekend reprogramming cards

I have more legal free live and on-demand content available on my Firestick than I could ever possibly watch. The only service I currently pay for is a monthly donation to Locast...

Those numbers do not appear to be kosher. All those percentages in parens are negatives so how do all those negatives add up to a positive bottom line? Here's how it's done. Lay off people to bring your operating cost numbers down before the end of the year and then add in some arbitrary number called Depreciation & Amortization and there it is.One thing I learned in accounting classes in college was to evaluate an annual report always remove those two numbers to get a look at how the business is really doing year to year and they are not doing well.

Those numbers do not appear to be kosher. All those percentages in parens are negatives so how do all those negatives add up to a positive bottom line? Here's how it's done. Lay off people to bring your operating cost numbers down before the end of the year and then add in some arbitrary number called Depreciation & Amortization and there it is.One thing I learned in accounting classes in college was to evaluate an annual report always remove those two numbers to get a look at how the business is really doing year to year and they are not doing well.

Deprecation and amortization are not "arbitrary", which you should know if you have actually taken an accounting class.

They indicate a drop in video revenue of 3.8% from 2018 to 2019 despite a 15% drop in "premium video" customers. Since they have a price increase of around 6 - 7% a year if they were losing all customers equally they would have seen a drop in video revenue of more like 8%. Sounds like they are doing what they say they want to do, getting rid of the low value video customers.

Reactions: 907TECH
The cable companies will eventually win all the customers back.

The key to winning the streaming battle is to go after the pirate stuff such as the jail broken fire sticks.

Your never going to get rid of piracy 100%, but the key is to keep making the illegal stuff go down often enough people don’t want to be bothered.

The issue with piracy is not the people who know how to program the stuff. It’s the other people who buy into it who have no clue how it works.

Once it goes down, and their friend is not immediately answering the phone they get frustrated and just pay for the service.

I even knew a hacker in Canada who gave it up. Simply got tired of stuff going down on a Friday night and having people blow up his phone the entire weekend trying to get their Tv back. He had a regular job, every time they would hit the hacked cards, his weekend while he ruined and he would be in his basement all weekend reprogramming cards
Cable will get back customers when the realize that broadband only is more expensive than a bundle.

DIRECTV is hemorrhaging customers and drowning in there own blood. It's only a matter of time before we all get our wish and watch DIRECTV close it's doors. there the worst provider i have ever dealt with in my life... not the directv i knew before att bought em out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)