AT&T loses 620,000 video subs in Q1 as DirecTV deal moves ahead

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Honestly I am not surprised. I work remotely and I mainly watch Netflix or Disney Plus or Hulu these days. Plus the Disney bundle comes with ESPN plus so I get to watch soccer games. I just don’t watch cable tv as much anymore. I might actually cancel direct tv soon. Just no point.

Windows isn't done till OS/2 won't run.
Ah, I remember Lotus well.

I remember Pascal and Ada fondly. FORTRAN II and IV were nice, behaving languages. COBOL was tolerable; I was being paid to use it. SNOBOL is the work of the devil and should be excoriated. Hated C and all it’s progeny.

A few other languages were ok. Had to learn a lot of them.

Oh, how could I forget The Fatal Disease. BASIC. Even Visual BASIC should be burned out of existence. Ruined many a programmer.

Hated C and all it’s progeny.

Yet today, pretty much everything is C. If it’s not C it uses C to interact with the operating system, written in C or calls a library written in C because it is too slow to do otherwise (I’m looking at you, Python, which is pretty much written in C).

Your other choice is HTML/CSS/that language called JavaScript that has almost no relationship to Java, which is just another way to access C running on a different computer using a web browser written in C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: navychop
Really? No. Just the opposite.

If you are into a league, buy the out-of-market pack for it... MLB, NBA, NHL, stream every game but your the home team.

Soccer, you need ESPN+ for MLS and La Liga, Serie A, and FA Cup. Paramount+ for Champions and Europa League, and Peacock for EPL.

ESPN+ has you covered for college sports, stuff that you will never find on DirecTV or cable... lacrosse, softball/baseball, Div 2 or 3, etc.

Sunday Ticket for NFL, but you can get your home team OTA. You only need Sunday Ticket if you want a particular out-of-market team every week.

The only reason for DirecTV or cable is if you want to watch the home team, assuming they carry your RSN.

Streaming definitely offers much more for sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not into the purchasing a different app for each interest I might have, much rather have everything on ONE Format.

You are quite correct, found this-Most Americans 45 and older continue to utilize cable or satellite for watching TV, but streaming is now more popular than cable or satellite among adults under 45, and it's how most adults under 35 now consume television. Just 22% of adults under 35 now primarily watch television through cable or satellite.

I guess I must be in the minority, I am 54 and stream everything, now I could easily afford DirecTV or Dish, I just prefer streaming, no contracts ( so I can leave with no charge), no fees ( broadcast, sports, DVR and Box fees piss me off), better picture ( everything we watch is in 1080P or 4K).
Nope, I’m in the boat with you. I don’t miss Directv at all. I stream and have an OTA antenna. I’m completely happy with this. And I’m older .

I'm just the opposite, I prefer to watch Sat TV .... All the Sports I want to see all in One Place.

That said, if theres no game on that I'm interested in and none of my shows that I watch are on, Then I'll move over to the Streaming side of things.

I had more time once I quit working, so I then did stream some stuff, but now that I am working again, I don't have the time to binge watch anything, for awhile.

Dislike spending time looking for programing. wife does that enough for both of us. :biggrin I buy streaming stuff UFC ESPN+ AFL Watch off the top of my head. but I love the DVR it finds stuff for me. Boxing etc I might have missed. movies of Grace Kelly ,Ginger Rogers, etc it found me Batman from 1943 recently. 96% of what comes out of Hollywood the past 25 years I have no interest in. rehashed ideas from the past mostly, poorly acted. or Star Search again. was so bored with no Sports last year I found Motor Trend. how much of restoring Chevy's & Fords can there be ? :rollingeyes

Dislike spending time looking for programing. wife does that enough for both of us. :biggrin I buy streaming stuff UFC ESPN+ AFL Watch off the top of my head. but I love the DVR it finds stuff for me. Boxing etc I might have missed. movies of Grace Kelly ,Ginger Rogers, etc it found me Batman from 1943 recently. 96% of what comes out of Hollywood the past 25 years I have no interest in. rehashed ideas from the past mostly, poorly acted. or Star Search again. was so bored with no Sports last year I found Motor Trend. how much of restoring Chevy's & Fords can there be ? :rollingeyes
Try looking for shows about Studebakers! ;)

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts