AT&T Says Buying DirecTV Logical, Might Be Blocked By Feds

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Giving Direct to AT&T would create a monopoly since they already have UVerse. I think the more players in the field the better.

i hope it doesn't happen. at&t cus serv down here is pathetic!!!!!! screw that!!:mad:

Giving Direct to AT&T would create a monopoly since they already have UVerse. I think the more players in the field the better.

Actually it's NOT.
The D* connection has already been made, they've been working with them since Feb. possibly of last year, I can't remember.

AT&T originally got into the Sat business with DISH awhile back and recently moved on to D*, this allows AT&T to supply TV to MOST of thier sub base, there are alot of areas that cannot get U-Verse due to distance restrictions or any number of other things.
This alows them to have TV for those that cannot get U verse, as long as they have LOS

Actually it's NOT.
The D* connection has already been made, they've been working with them since Feb. possibly of last year, I can't remember.

AT&T originally got into the Sat business with DISH awhile back and recently moved on to D*, this allows AT&T to supply TV to MOST of thier sub base, there are alot of areas that cannot get U-Verse due to distance restrictions or any number of other things.
This alows them to have TV for those that cannot get U verse, as long as they have LOS

Actually years ago AT&T (SBC at the time) sold Direct then went to Dish and now back to Direct. I just don't like the idea of one company becoming too powerful. I have AT&T for phone and Internet and they stink. The infrastructure in my area is terrible and they won't spend the bucks to fix it. But you see new fee's on your phone bill every couple months. I don't want to see Direct take that route.

They can run directv over their crippled 3G network ha ha

I know you were trying to be humorous, but I don't think I understand. Recent indepedent studies have shown that ATT have the fastest download 3G speeds, so how is that crippled? Are you refering to the fact that they going to take longer than most to deploy a 4G network?

I know you were trying to be humorous, but I don't think I understand. Recent indepedent studies have shown that ATT have the fastest download 3G speeds, so how is that crippled? Are you refering to the fact that they going to take longer than most to deploy a 4G network?

He's talking landline, your talking wireless.

If they let Sirius buy XM, then I can't see AT&T not being able to get DirecTV. Sure, you'd be losing a competitor in a few limited areas, but in all of those areas there were already three incumbent competitors (Dish, DirecTV, and whatever cable company)

I agree the more players the better, but Uverse hardly has market share when you consider how few markets it's even in. I really wish I could have gotten AT&T UVerse or Verizon FIOS in my neighborhood. I'm even in AT&T service area for landlines and the neighborhood is only 3 years old, but still no UVerse!

Actually Jimbo, I am pretty sure he meant wireless(3G) and not land-line. Land-line is not classified as 3G.

I'm just sayin..........:D

After I looked again, I think your right....

How on earth does he want D* on a wireless set up ?
So confusing :confused:

Does he want a D* recvr built in to his PHONE now ?

I know D* is already in a deal with verizon. But Verizon does not own D* of course. I think it's funny how all these major companies go after D* and never seem to consider E*. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts