Hooking up Internet To MRV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jackm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
I currently have MRV with my HR24 DVR with SWiM set up. I want to hook up the internet and have the extra Deca and Power supply. My question is - Solid Signal sent me a SWS 4 and I currently have that hooked up to my system. Is there a way to connect another WSW 4 into the line to get the internet to work. I probably just need a diagram on where things would go. I'm running 2 DVR's and two HR24 receivers in the system. Just don't want to make a mistake doing it. They probably should have sent me an SWS-8 switch...Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I currently have MRV with my HR24 DVR with SWiM set up. I want to hook up the internet and have the extra Deca and Power supply. My question is - Solid Signal sent me a SWS 4 and I currently have that hooked up to my system. Is there a way to connect another WSW 4 into the line to get the internet to work. I probably just need a diagram on where things would go. I'm running 2 DVR's and two HR24 receivers in the system. Just don't want to make a mistake doing it. They probably should have sent me an SWS-8 switch...Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

You should be ok with that extra 4way.

Just hook up your deca, power it, run a line back to where the 4 way is, but take one line off of the original 4 way(NOT the power passing, its red). Hook up that new line and the original line into the new 4way and run a single line into the original 4way.

You are right, they should of gave you an 8way, but you can do it this way too, assuming you have the cable to do it like this.

Report back with results.

Dave thanks for the info - any possibility of giving me a simple diagram. I just don't want to make a mistake - will let you know how I make out - planning on working on it this afternoon after work. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)