AT&T says its launch of Nokia Lumia 900 to be its biggest ever, even surpassing the Apple iPhone's r

Nice to see where our over-priced data plan dollars are going. Microsoft has lost all credibility in the mobile world. AT&T will now throw millions in advertising to try to resurect this platform. Seems like quite a huge waste of money.

I can't wait to see these long lines of people waiting to get their hands on a Nokia Lumia on launch day!

(If I see a pic with more then 3 people in line who are not AT&T employees I am going to be shocked) :D

In this case "biggest ever' simply means the most expensive ever.

AT&T is no doubt doing this because MS is paying them... MS even offers a bounty to phone sales people at AT&T if they sell a windows phone.

AT&T probably gets a lot better price on the phone because MS is promoting it than what they have to pay for the iPhone... No doubt they wish everyone would drop the iphone and buy a Windows phone.

Personally I see a long uphill battle for Windows Phones.

Why would anybody person buy a Windows Phone over an iPhone or Android phone?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner
Having had all three of these, I will certainly consider it again when I get my next phone. Its a pretty impressive OS.

Ill be honest, I am glad that a carrier is stepping up and promoting the system. That, imo, has been the biggest problem for it. Most dont even know it is available, around here, Cspire and Verizon certainly are not pushing it at all.

An injured snake, in it's death throes, will often bite itself. And so we see Nokia......
;)

I hope that Windows phones catch on, more competition is a good thing. I do not expect them to out do the iPhone or Android as some analysts have predicted, but a nice solid market share would be nice.

Apple offers incentives as well. In fact before this the speculation was that one of the reasons for Windoes Phone's lack of success was the fact that the carriers were not promoting the phones.

AS for why anyone would buy one I think that the OS is probably the best OS for someone not acquainted with smartphones.

Having said that i own phones and one is an iphone and the other isa an Android. It is not for me but i don't think it is a totally irrational choice for ome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)